Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
For the better part of four years I was aware that Rigby was going to follow their new big game rifle with a smaller stalking rifle using the Corbett .275 as a basis for the design. Lance Hendershot owner of Hendershot's Sporting Goods in Hagerstown, MD https://hendershots.net/ is a Rigby distributer, and while the "Highland Stalker" was still an experimental project, I had a deposit in for perhaps the first .275 to reach the US. Two weeks ago it arrived. I initially tried the 140 gr Hornady Interlock which the rifle did not love (those of you following another thread on this site will understand that I was not unduly upset). A few days ago, Lance forwarded a couple of boxes of Hendershot's Extreme Ammo loaded with the 170 gr Oryx - a bullet which I truly worship. The rifle and the results are shown below.

Is the rifle worth a nearly 9k price tag. Hell, I don't know. But it is an exquisite creation in hand and it shoots one of the best 7mm bullets on the planet. I am thrilled. And, it is, after all, a RIGBY!

full

full

I looked that rifle over the other day on another site, and also read a write up in a magazine about it. Nice looking rifle, and functionally perfect I would assume.

Got one question, I thought I read that it was factory regulated for a 140 grain bullet...did you have yours customized?

Lovely rifle! Shoots really well too! Is it based on Corbetts or Bells rifle?

................ I initially tried the 140 gr Hornady Interlock which the rifle did not love (those of you following another thread on this site will understand that I was not unduly upset). .....................

Thanks for the laugh. :ROFLMAO:

That is an exquisite rifle. Glad you are enjoying it.

The open sights on production rifles are regulated for the 140 gr bullets. Mine as well. However, I am an old guy mired in tradition, and the 7mm Mauser is an unbelievable thing with the 170 gr bullet. Punches way above its weight. I had Rigby lengthen the throat slightly to insure no feeding issues. Rifling is fine for both 140's and 170's. This rifle loves a fast 170. I am ecstatic.

Lovely rifle! Shoots really well too! Is it based on Corbetts or Bells rifle?
Corbett's - only difference is a somewhat less drop at heel to accommodate scope use.

Is the rifle worth a nearly 9k price tag. Hell, I don't know. But it is an exquisite creation in hand and it shoots one of the best 7mm bullets on the planet. I am thrilled. And, it is, after all, it is a RIGBY!

Congratulations on the new, beautiful and accurate rifle. It's one thing to own a rifle and quite another thing to own a RIGBY.

If the question on the hefty price tag lingers with you, perhaps some wise, old, sage advice is fitting: :)

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”

W.C. Fields

Congratulations!!!

I have ordered one as well just waiting for it to arrive.

Beautiful rifle congrats sir!

The stock on that rifle is beautiful.. color me jealous!

Great pick up @Red Leg

Nice looking rifle, congrats on the addition!

Very nice indeed! And, even better that it is in the hands of a hunter who understands it's true worth.

That sir, is a thing of beauty.

Now for the really important question. What hunt will be it's first?

Who cannot love the style of this Rigby.....Corbetts rifle was made 1907, IIRC..?

My Mannlicher -Sch. mod. 1903 (6,5x54mm) by Charles Lancaster is made late 1906, still in its original case. Bought by a scottish Captain (later Colonel) who presumably hunted stags on the moor with it....same style on the stock with Prince of Wales grip and a rather short forend..

IMG_9621.JPG
IMG_9622.JPG
IMG_9623.JPG
IMG_9624.JPG

congrats on a beautiful rifle .

That's awesome dude! Really diggin' that stock!

I was going to say..... I love your wood. However, I know this group too well, not excluding my own smartass..... (i.e. @gizmo , @Bullthrower338 ). LOL!!!! :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg