Lrntolive

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF, SCI, NRA, WCF&W
I think this is the worst business trip I've taken yet.

While traveling to another state to meet with a vendor, they had to cancel because they forgot to order some supplies needed for the meeting.

I'm currently stuck in MSP airport, having a beer and onion rings. I found out that you cannot change your flight to a different destination than your bags if your bags have been checked through to another destination. Apparently, it is some kind of TSA regulation.

I applaud Delta for doing everything in their power to assist me, but it is still a pain. And being stuck in this airport and having to rebook at considerable cost, sucks!

At least now I know.

Glad you could vent;) How long are you stuck for?

I got stuck in a layover city from Reno a couple years ago with a Russian and local employee... I forget if it was Denver or Phoenix. Too long to wait, too short a time to get a room or even leave the airport... So over a late dinner, the conversation turned to how us American's don't know how to properly drink Vodka... Which is apparently supposed to be straight up shots but in large volume and at below freezing temperature:eek:

So being the employer, it became my responsibility to purchase the research and demonstration material. :rolleyes: However, always trying to be the best businessman I can, and price out input costs, I found it was much cheaper to buy double shots with a beer chaser than just single shots:cool:

After my face went numb, not unlike a typical hunting trip with @gizmo or in the wilderness of @Traditional Mozambique Safaris after a bit of success, I made the executive decision we ought to move to another wing of the airport to further the research into another environment. However that proved fruitless as we could not find cold vodka in any other venues... So that lead to flagging down one of those multi passenger golf cart type vehicles.... somehow the driver seemed to think it was as big an emergency we get back to our concourse as we thought it was to get back to the previous purveyor of re-searchable liquids/liquors. Well as we all leaned to keep the vehicle on 4 wheels as our enlisted chauffeur rounded the last corner and the local employee yelled out to stop quickly as we had arrived at the bar... The driver seemed a bit perplexed we had enlisted him for an emergency ride to the bar and that we had a couple hours till our flight.. However a $10 tip soon suppressed his complains and he actually wished us well as he sped off to the aid of the next needy travelers....

Conclusion, it is freaking amazing how much a skinny Russian woman can drink:confused:

Good one Bob. @Lrntolive you should have gone to Ike's, I think it's called, at the upper end of C concourse and the security gates. You could have had a proper meal. Turkey and dressing is one of the specialties.

Well, when stuck in the airport start planning your next hunt. :)
Hang in there, it's going to get better.:)

Good one Bob. @Lrntolive you should have gone to Ike's, I think it's called, at the upper end of C concourse and the security gates. You could have had a proper meal. Turkey and dressing is one of the specialties.
Thank CAustin. I went to the Twins bar and had one to many of the local dark beers along with the walleye. Now about to board the last flight to a city in MI so I can spend the night and fly back to Denver in the morning.

Great time. Also, I've already been planning my Kansas whitetail hunt and spring turkey. May hunt to Namibiaand elk this fall. What else can I plan for?

Damn man get on that plane and dream of Africa ! There are many critters to be had over there as you well know! Wish I could find a place to hunt deer in Kansas.......whee I live, but don't know anybody to let me on their property. I always think one more hunt in a year isn't too much to ask for so go for it. Maybe a hog hunt in Texas with Gizmo! Safe trip!

On the plane. Finally! Next time, I'll see who's in town to have drinks with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross