Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF, QU & PU
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
State Secretary Sharon Dijksma of Economic Affairs is pushing for an international ban on trophy hunting, such as hunting lions or elephants. She is currently investigating the possibilities for such a ban. Dijksma also wants the United Nations to recognize wildlife crime as international crime.

The State Secretary said this in a letter to the Tweede Kamer, lower house of parliament, on Tuesday. Dijksma also informed the Kamer that she is organizing an international Wildlife Crime Conference in The Hague in March next year.

“Poaching for ivory and rhino horn for example, is in my eyes a crime that leads to the biodiversity and quality of life in our world being threatened.” the State Secretary said. “We need to internationally join hands in order to put an end to this crime. The event in March will contribute to the preservation of wildlife in the world.

How will the banning of trophy hunting help with the poaching problem. no problem with making poaching an international crime

https://www.cites.org/eng/prog/iccwc.php

CITES-logo-s.gif
interpol.gif
unodc.gif
world_bank_n.jpg
wco.gif

ICCWC’s mission is to usher in a new era where the perpetrators of serious wildlife crime
and forest crime face a formidable and coordinated response.

AS usual a politician is so far out of the loop. The UN IS ALREADY AT IT.

Attachments

• unodc.gif
    unodc.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 96
  • interpol.gif
    interpol.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 101
  • wco.gif
    wco.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 100
  • world_bank_n.jpg
    world_bank_n.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 90
  • CITES-logo-s.gif
    CITES-logo-s.gif
    2.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:
Again another opinion based on emotion. Hell they don't need the facts.

The world is ruled on emotions and not common sense....we are doomed.

Your right enysee, and the more liberal we become the worse off our country will become. Hate to offend any liberals here just my opinion.

The issue becomes one of facts versus feelings.

If we make rules based on facts, some may not like them but they can't argue with the facts.

If we make rules based on feelings, we inevitably have to decide first whose feelings matter. And that's where the problem starts. Buy should some feelings count when others don't? it becomes indefensible, so you need to rely on raw power to enforce rules based on feelings.

We are all entitled to our own feelings and opinions. You don't get to tell me my feelings are wrong, because they are by nature subjective. But we aren't entitled to our own facts, which are (or should be) objective. There are lots of facts I don't like, but I don't get to say they don't exist.

I'd suggest that in this Internet age, feelings are more easily than ever passed off as facts. So it's become more important than ever that we focus on facts and base our policies on those.

Problem, of course, is that it's easier to get elected by appealing to feelings (emotion) rather than to facts.

The nice thing about "free trade". We can vote with our dollars. We can get the word out to hunters to boycott goods from the Netherlands if they push this poorly-informed ban. You would be shocked how many things come from there.

Gänsevergasung.jpg
In Netherland its not allowed to shoot a Fox anymore.
In Netherland its not allowed to shoot a goose.
But they gasify over 250.000 geese during the moult every year ,because they damage the agriculture fields.
They hate hunting and this is ok for them.
And you hear nothing about this continental shame.
You hear not a word from the Greens or so called species protectors.
But no merci with the hunter ,he will shoot one of them............
The world is going more crazy year for year.
Foxi

Gasfying Geese.jpg

Last edited:
It took me over 2 months to get a permit ship my guns thru their country. I don,t know how she did it but Lori Spears pulled it off a day before my Flight. As much as I like KLMs service between that and this stupidity I don't see myself using KLM in the future

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.