Need Your recommendations for a travel agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG870

AH member
Reaction score
Hello all
I’m looking for recommendations for reliable travel agencies for a hunt I’m planning in Namibia, May or June of 2022.
I talked with Lori at Travel Express today and she told me that due to the COVID-19 situation they are extremely backed up and they are not taking on any new clients at this time.
I’m looking for someone with the experience of Travel express, that can help with the entire itinerary.
Airlines, Gun permits etc.
Who have y’all had good experiences with?
Who would you not hesitate to use again?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)

markm

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
United States
Go with Gracy they are awesome Shawn is the best.bin using them for many years.
Hello all
I’m looking for recommendations for reliable travel agencies for a hunt I’m planning in Namibia, May or June of 2022.
I talked with Lori at Travel Express today and she told me that due to the COVID-19 situation they are extremely backed up and they are not taking on any new clients at this time.
I’m looking for someone with the experience of Travel express, that can help with the entire itinerary.

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Another vote for Gracy. They arranged storage for my rifles in Joburg when I went on side trips. Their man on the O.R. Tambo airport, Bruce M. is second to none for getting the client through the hoops and on their way.

Don Hinton

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Cape buffalo plains game
I vote for Lori and her company. Great communication and contacts
travel Express

MRBlack

AH member
Reaction score
Gracy Travel is extremely prompt and professional. I used them for my 2019 trip and am using them for my trip in July.

Pardon my spelling mistake. Auto correct on an iPhone is a constant enigma

Last edited:

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Gravy Travel is extremely prompt and professional. I used them for my 2019 trip and am using them for my trip in July.

Gravy Travel??????? Is this for the Gravy Train?

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)

Dave0712

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF, NRA
Hunted
South Africa
Hello all
I'm sure covid has made travel booking very tough. I actually booked 4 tickets from Montana, USA to Port Elizabeth in August of 2019. The trip was canceled due to covid in 2020; however, we rebooked for April 2021 and just returned from a great plains hunt.
Now, I can't recommend a superior travel agent; however, I can tell you a terrible one we dealt with: ASAP TRAVEL. I was promised the world, but was then informed I had to purchase separate tickets from Johannesburg to Port Elisabeth at $1,225.00. Then when I called the day before our flight to the airline, I was informed we had no tickets or reservations. As a result I had to purchase additional tickets just to get from Joburg to P.E.
Now, I can not even get a phone or e-mail response from ASAP TRAVEL. Stay away from them.

Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
+1 on Gracy travel. They do a great job. It is absolutely worth the extra money.

Rob404

Bronze supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
Hunted
Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
Lori at Travel Express nobody does it better

JG870

AH member
Reaction score
Thank y’all for your replies I appreciate your help.

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, New Zealand, Argentina and throughout North America
Hello all
Hi JG870:

Thanks for your call earlier today - we regret that we are unable to help with your trip. Our top priority is to provide the best all around service to our travelers and in order to do this we have made the tough choice to not take new clients at this time. We remain dedicated to serving our current and previous clients.

We value each and every member of the AH family and look forward to revisiting this soon. To say we are grateful of your support and business is an understatement, as we wouldn’t be where we are without AH!

Sincerely, Lori & Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TammiFarns

Latest profile posts

RicardoT wrote on Jan007's profile.
Hallo , ek stel belang as die 375 steeds beskikbaar is 083 511 9921
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.