NEED YOUR HELP: Ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by BRICKBURN, Oct 16, 2018.

1. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    I would like to enlist your assistance. (Hey, the Russians have a good thing going.)
    I've heard there are people in the US who might disagree with the notion.
    No idea if the survey excludes IP's, etc. Link below:
    Please give it a whirl and let me know here in the thread.
    Thanks for trying.

"Online engagement on Reducing violent crime: A dialogue on handguns and assault weapons
    Keeping communities safe and reducing violent crime is a priority for the Government of Canada. This is why, in his Mandate letter, the Prime Minister has asked the Honourable Bill Blair, Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction, to lead an examination of a ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada, while not impeding the lawful use of firearms by Canadians. The Government of Canada would like to hear your views. This will provide an excellent opportunity to identify gaps, challenges, and ideas to help inform future measures aimed at reducing violent crimes in Canada."

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/cnslttns/hndgn/index-en.aspx?mc_cid=acdf911c8c&mc_eid=525e38376a

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

2. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    By the way, if your head is not still shaking too much from the sentence in red, with the outright contradiction being presented, please know that somehow these guys are selling this as an action plan to make it look like they are doing something about crooks.

Tarwathie likes this.

3. Crazycanuck grizman

Crazycanuck grizman AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, U.S.A. N.W.T.,Zimbabwa.
    Hey, we got some real stars in Canada too!. It’s the Trudeau gong show.

ve7poi and Rick Cox like this.

4. JimP

JimP AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, RMEF
    Hunted:
    US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
    I was able to take it all the way through and my IP address right now is in southern Colorado USA

5. BRICKBURN

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Perfect. Everybody, please join in.

6. IdaRam

IdaRam BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, SCI, DSC, Wild Sheep Foundation, NSSF
    Hunted:
    Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, California, Alberta Canada, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    Done! Completed and submitted without a problem.
    This does not bode well my Canadian friends :(

7. Rick Cox

Rick Cox AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
    I voiced my concerns on the gov on line 'dialogue'/forum, but they most likely won't make any difference - I would have to be a cross dressing transsexual from the Middle East for that to happen.

8. spike.t

spike.t AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2013 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe, hungary, france, england
    Wayne if people have any intelligence hopefully they will read that and pick it up instantly without you needing to highlight it.....my head wasn't shaking it was saying what a load of twisted bullshit. ....good luck to all of you in Canada that these clueless political muppets don't get their way.......

9. BRICKBURN

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Loaded of twisted BS certainly comes to mind. If it were any more slanted it would slide off the computer screen.

10. BRICKBURN

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    I changed the font color for you Mike. :)

spike.t likes this.

11. BRICKBURN

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Since the government decided to quote the US Justice Department in it's survey, I thought I would follow suit in suggesting a "Made in America" solution for controlling illicit Handguns entering Canada:
    BUILD A WALL.
    It going to have to be solid and quite high. You can't have people throwing handguns over or passing them through.
    Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 08.33.04.png

jeff likes this.

12. Dean Macdonald

Dean Macdonald AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, U.S.A., Namibia
    Thanks for bringing this questionnaire to light BRICKBURN. I took the time to fill it out and submit it. It's funny, you would think that in order to collect data from those that actually have a stake in this issue, that this questionnaire would be sent out to legal gun owners for their input. Seems that the government isn't interested in hearing from those that this initiative would affect....weird.

13. MarkCZ

MarkCZ AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Finland, Estonia, C.Z. Poland, Slovakia, Scotland , England, Namibia
    i cant believe this, F.F.S. the loonies have taken over the assilem. On the news today legal outlets for maruana open in Canada, and they think banning pistols will do what exactly? And assault rifles banning them as well! I cant believe it. If I hit you with a pointed stick it is an assault, so what next banning assault sticks. I f**king give up. So angry.
    Markcz

14. BRICKBURN

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    I seriously hope this is political pandering and will go no where.
    But it does show the state of mind of the gutless leadership that will not simply state the case and take responsibility for the failure to curb the crooks.

An election is coming and you do have to appear to be doing something about ....... I have no idea what.

Tarwathie likes this.

15. Royal27

Royal27 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA - TX, CO, GA. Africa - Zimbabwe and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
    Welcome to the club. You'll be banning trophy imports before you know it!

16. Shootist43

Shootist43 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
    Brickburn, this is a "joke" isn't it??? Has their ever been a cross check on gun crimes in Canada to determine the percentage of crimes committed with legally owned guns vs "illicit" guns? If not it needs to be done. The result will show where the "emphasis" needs to be placed. A number of years ago I traveled from lower Michigan to a friend's house near Sudbury Canada. As I recall, in order for him to keep guns in his home the safe where they were required to be kept had to be inspected / verified and approved by the RCMP. Am I mistaken about that?? I'm confident that the legal gunowners in Canada are no more a "party" to crime than their American counterparts. It appears that the term "looney" applies to more than your $1.00 coin.

17. 500 Nitro

500 Nitro AH Member

Member of:
    N.R.A, Safari Club International,Foundation of north American Wild-sheep, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Delta Ducks, Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants Forever,
    Hunted:
    RHODESIA,SUID-AFRIKA, Western United States ,Saskatchewan,Tanzania,New Zealand
    The following is what I put under comments.
    Here’s a history of what happens after governments have disarmed their citizens:
    1911 – Turkey disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians.
    1929 – Russia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians.
    1935 – China disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese.
    1938 – Germany disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1939 – 1945 they murdered 16 million Jews.
    1956 – Cambodia disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1975 – 1977 they murdered 1 million Educated people.
    1964 – Guatamala disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1964 – 1981 they murdered 100,000 Mayan Indians.
    1970 – Uganda disarmed it’s citizens, and between 1971 – 1979 they murdered 300,000 Christians.

Australia has disarmed it’s citizens, and a year later the homicide rate in the largest province is up 300%. The burglaries of seniors is “dramatically” up.
    I guess the criminals did not turn their weapons in. Only the innocent law abiding citizens turned in weapons.
    In US cities with the highest crime rates, taking guns away from the citizens has not lowered the homicide rate. All it has done is to make it easier for criminals to operate.

Feel free to use all or part, I think that this sums it up quite well

Tom Hawk, Velo Dog and kevin masters like this.

18. Nyati

Nyati AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
    Filled it.

Not surprised at all, we are going through more or less the same process in Europe.

19. kevin masters

kevin masters BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    us mexico alaska south africa

EXACTLY!!!!!!!
    filled it out doubt it will help. These are the days we live in:mad::mad::mad:

20. sestoppelman

sestoppelman AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, NA Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
    We have a state initiative that will likely pass here in WA in November, that will make ALL semi auto rifles an Assault Rifle, even rimfire .22's. Plus it has onerous new restrictions on buying them, raises the buying age to 21, go to school, get a license etc. I hope it fails but not optimistic. Going to check out the thing above.