Need Some 338-378 WBY Brass To Feed A Needy Child

Bob,
At this point it is just something else to mess with, I have plenty of powder, primers and heavy 338 bullets so why not. I don’t have to ask permission to have another gun so while I was out getting bread, milk and cheese I grabbed this out of the clearance basket at the shopping center.
mans I do like getting the shit slapped out of me, reminds me of being married

Bob,
At this point it is just something else to mess with, I have plenty of powder, primers and heavy 338 bullets so why not. I don’t have to ask permission to have another gun so while I was out getting bread, milk and cheese I grabbed this out of the clearance basket at the shopping center.

Man I sure wished that I had a shopping center near me that had these kinds of deals.

Bob,
@Bullthrower338
Cody I sure wish we had shopping centres like that in Australia.
Meat ,milk, eggs, oh yes isle 4 has rifles on sale better grab a couple of those. Ha ha ha ha ha.
You must have one very loving wife to have her slap the shit out of you.
If your like me you are always in the shit with the wife, it's just the depth that varies ha ha.
Bob

@Inline6
You can have lumping a 20# rifle for 10 mile all to yourself. I'm to old for that shit now. He'll I have enough trouble walking 10km with a 9# rifle nowdays.
I train with an 80# pack, it makes 20# feel light, haha. I'm not sure I will make it elk hunting this year. If I do it will be last minute and I need to be in shape.

I train with an 80# pack, it makes 20# feel light, haha. I'm not sure I will make it elk hunting this year. If I do it will be last minute and I need to be in shape.
@Inline6
When I was in the army a 40# pack puls webbing, full basic pouches and an SLR (L1A1) 17 mile was a walk in the park. Oh to be that fit again. Nowdays a 10km walk with a 9# rifle is a chore. Getting older is a bitch. Heart attacks don't help much either but at least I'm still above the ground and I can still hunt a Nd enjoy life

Bob,
You may think I’m joking but we really can go into a store and get groceries and a rifle or handgun. Three Bears Alaska in Butte, MT is a great place, almost like it is still America when you are in there!
1A724F15-3BD6-48C2-8D20-F54D0E2DD0C5.png

love my 30-378 accumark and my 338-378! I have some once fired brass i believe so ill take a look sunday night and let you know. Might have some new as well??? How much do you need?

Bob,
You may think I’m joking but we really can go into a store and get groceries and a rifle or handgun. Three Bears Alaska in Butte, MT is a great place, almost like it is still America when you are in there!
View attachment 488608
@Bullthrower338
Cody we I used to be as blessed to do that even up until the early 80s..Now it's just a distant memory for us older people that our youth will never know. It all turned to shit in 96 with our new gun laws and jack boot John Howard the then PM.
Bob

Haha, 11.5 is not that bad to lug around. It's way better than my field match rifle that is 19.5#s
@Bullthrower338
Cody what's the joy in that big fire breather that belts you harder than Mike Tyson, takes half a bucket of powder and can shoot shit at a mile and a half . With an 11.5 pound rifle it ain't the sort of thing you lug around the bush.
To each their own, hope you get some brass and have some fun.
You must have spent time playing that pianee at the brothel and had a go at sado- mechanism to get to enjoy the 338/378.
I can think of better ways to spend an afternoon than being slapped silly with that thing.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
Did you find any? I have some, can’t rember how much. What do you need?

@Bullthrower338
Cody we I used to be as blessed to do that even up until the early 80s..Now it's just a distant memory for us older people that our youth will never know. It all turned to shit in 96 with our new gun laws and jack boot John Howard the then PM.
Bob
I know, I feel for you guys.

Did you find any? I have some, can’t rember how much. What do you need?
I appreciate the reply, a couple guys have PM’d me. I should be good. I will PM you when I get done hunting

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 5.46.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 5.46.14 PM.png
    566.3 KB · Views: 26
BTW, have you reached out to Weatherby directly to see if they have any brass or ammo?

I have always had trouble finding 338-378. However 30-378, 378 and 460 Bee is everywhere so I just neck up or down as needed. There is also a lot of good once fired for way cheaper than factory new, if that makes any difference to you.

460 to 338-378

Die sequence -378 seater, 378 FL, 338 seater part way, 338 seater the rest of the way, 338 FL for final. Neck thickness ends up at .0145 so no neck turning needed and the OAL is 2/10s under trim length.

QKpMtTT Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
One other point, it is very easy to neck up from 30-378 to 338-378 or 378, just run it through the 338 FL or Neck dies. Very handy as the most common brass, especially once fired factory ammo, seems to be the 30-378, at least up here in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross