www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I need help! A friend wants me to put a reflex on his Sako 85 Brown Bear. I have tested quite a few, Trijicon, aimpoint, sig sauer, Leuopold and Kahles. I prefer the Kahles and the Leuopold. What I do not know is who makes a mount for Kahles or Leuopold to Sako. Appreciate any and all help

I spent this morning sighting in a .404J & a .416Rigby. The .404J had a reflex the .416 Rigby had open sights. No doubt these old eyes love the (Kahles) reflex.

First the Kahles is a great red dot! If my memory serves me the Sako has a integrated dove tail mount machined into the action. My kahles came with a mount that worked with a weaver or Picatinny rail base. If the Sako mount is wider you should be able to have a gunsmith open the mount on the Kahles to fit. I haven't seen where Kahles has a large set of adapter plates for all actions yet.

Thanks for the help, yes the Sako has a dove tail, but the dove tails start out wide and end up closer together as they move forward. The reason is a base made for a sako requires no mechanical method for attaching and it just gets tighter and tighter. There is a bridged picanny mount but tht bridges over the action we want to stay away from that if possible. Fast reloads are necessary

You could always just get a standard mauser weaver scope base and drill and tap the front ring of the action. If the rear iron sight are in a dovetail? You could use JP adapter and have the gunsmith mill the blank to fit the dovetail. https://jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPA-GS

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.53.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.53.36 AM.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 148
There are some mounts for these type of sights on Cmore.com
The Kahles is really neat!

Attachments

• 10100-1510_prisma_75-100_1.jpg
    10100-1510_prisma_75-100_1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 101
  • makugel.jpg
    makugel.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 114
Optics Trade has a page for mounting plates.
Hope it helps.
https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

The only thing that scares me about the Kahles is the possible durability.
The Trijicon SRO (almost the same design as the Helia) I've seen broken from minor bumps.
While the Trijicon RMR has survived full drops on hard ground.
Also on the RMR the dot is lower which will improve cheek weld.
The big plus on the Kahles and SRO is the sight picture is so much larger.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg