Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, Whitetails Unlimited, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana
Greetings all!

I'm fairly new to the forum so I hope I'm posting this correctly. Last year May, I had a great hunt in the Northern Tete Region of Mozambique for Croc and Hippo. The hunt was a blast and I harvested a monster bull hippo and a respectable croc.

My outfitter used an company called Sable Taxidermy to handle the importation task of getting the trophies to my RSA taxidermist. The owner of Sable Taxidermy is a gentlemen named Kerneels Bronkhorst.

I paid Kerneels Bronkhorst nearly a $1000 5 months ago to handle the paperwork, pickup the trophies and deliver them to my taxidermist. Since then I've been getting nothing but excuses up till about 45 days ago when he just disappeared!

No emails, phone calls, fax's - just nothing. As you would expect the hunt was extremely expensive and the journey to even get there was unbelievable!! I fear now that I may never see my trophies again with this disappearing act.

If anybody has information on how to find Kerneels Bronkhorst, or Sable Taxidermy I would be most appreciative for the help. Further, if anybody knows somebody else that may be able to help me that would also be outstanding!

Thanks to all and safe adventuring!!

Greg

Hello Greg,

I was just curious what number,email and address do you have of Mr Bronkhorst ? I found something online but im not sure if its the same person so i dont want to jump the gun here...

cheers

Kind regards
Kerneels Bronkhorst
Sable Taxidermy
Mozambique
These are the numbers I have.
Thank for helping

+27 72 994 9709 RSA Cell
+258 84 409 8456 Moz Cell
+27 86 664 1375 Fax

Hello,

Well the numbers match - i found this online on the rowlandward.com site under the Official Measurers South Africa , maybe you can ask them on his whereabouts im sorry thats all i could find for you ...

Kerneels Bronkhorst
Po Box 12427
Bendor
072 994 9709
kerneelsbronkhorst@webmail.co.za

cheers

Greg, Kerneels Bronkhorst from Sable Taxidermy was referred to you by your outfitter in Mozambique, is he helping you with this matter?

Not as of now. I've emailed him for assistance in the matter and hopefully something can be done.
Thanks

Your outfitter should be assisting you with this matter. Keep us posted.

Your outfitter should be assisting you with this matter. Keep us posted.

Jerome, you are 100 percent correct. Not sure how any outfitter can just use any Taxidermist. Although they are two different operations with different owners, to me they go hand in hand. Even if a taxidermist is the guilty party for any unfortunate occurance, I still believe it leaves a poor impression on the outfitter. I also believe that the outfitter carries a duty, to ensure that HIS clients' trophies arrive at their doorstep. If the misfortune is out of the outfitter's hands' its a different story, but as far taxidermy goes, it is still in the outfitters' hands. I personally know my Taxidermist, which allows me to keep a close eye on all my clients trophies' that go through him.
Greg, your outfitter should be helping you every step of the way on this one...

Regards
Marius Goosen

Greg blame your outfitter he took your money in the first place he must make sure you get your trophies without any problems. It is his duty to make sure about the taxidermist he is using, he should make the phone calls and get your stuff not you.
Johan

Hello Team!

Thanks so much for the comment & suggestions. As of this morning the Taxidermist made contact with me via a new phone number and email. He communicated that he’s and numerous issues regarding the Mozi authorities and the CITIES documents being cleared and processed. He currently has the trophies at his place of business in Maputo and has assured me that the paper work will clear in the next 10 days and that my trophies should be in RSA in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

I’m certain that the AH forum and likely the outfitter help close the gap as he made mention of the posting and that he spoke with the outfitter, as well as the freight forwarder.

Hopefully, the time-line is correct and I’ll be able to see my treasures in May when I’m back in RSA for a plains game hunt.

Thanks Again, Safe Hunting and PH'ing!

Greg

Great news Greg! Please keep us posted as this gets resolved. Its nice to hear your outfitter is following up to help you out also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,