Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
CPT, Cavalry US Army, Retired
Hunted
South Africa, MO, CO, SD
Who is the lucky guy that bought the pantogram machine several months ago?

Or, does anyone know of a good place to go for this inletting work?

Thanks

the p14 was 303 and the m17 was 30/06.
I think the receivers might have been the same on outside dimension, but different internally.
the 303 boltface comes horribly close to fitting h&h cases.
bruce.

Shootist - don't need a stock - have 6 dangerous game stock blanks - also don't want the P-17 stock shape/pattern/sizes on the outside - just need the stock blank inletted

Richrds's Microfit. You can send them your blank and get whatever style you want. I sent a walnut blank to have a Remington SA inlet with rollover cheekpiece and sporter barrel contour. They did a good job. Just needed to do the final finishing and install pillars.

From their FAQ:

12) Can I send you a piece of wood to have cut into a stock in one of your styles?

Yes, we can cut your wood into any one of our stock style's. The dimensions of the blank need to be as follows: Minimum 32" long, Minimum of 6" wide at the butt, 2" wide at the forearm, and 2" thick. This is the absolute minimium size to produce a stock from it. A normal size blank would measure 34" Long, 6 1/2" wide at the butt, 2 1/2" wide at the forearm, and 2 1/2" thick. Please note: If your blank measures 2 1/4" thick, there may be a few flat spots on the stock but can be rasped out and still be shaped normally by the customer.

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/actions_available.htm

Edit: I have the rifle here. I will take a photo later and post it.

Last edited:
Thanks, Hogpatrol - I have marked the website - I think this is exactly what I needed!

Thanks, Hogpatrol - I have marked the website - I think this is exactly what I needed!

Over the years, they've had some bad reviews but now with CNC machinery, I believe a lot of those complaints have gone by the wayside. On the other side of the coin I had another blank done on a duplicator and it was a disaster. The barrel channel was off center, action holes misaligned, inlet was a total mess and it cost twice as much as Richard's!

They installed/attached the forend and grip cap pieces. You can see how the barrel channel matched up well. Checkering, butt pad, and finishing was done by a professional stock guy.

IMG_20191107_205036678.jpg
IMG_20191107_204954866.jpg
IMG_20191107_205115279.jpg
IMG_20191107_205218330.jpg
IMG_20191107_205122973.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty fancy -

I very much appreciate the beauty of the wood, but gave up on it for my guns - last walnut stock I slaved over lasted all of about an hour - caught my foot on a root and fell - scratched the crap out of the stock and just don't have the heart to invest all that time and love crafting the wood to have it ruined like that.

I may get a laminate from Richards - then there is no worries at all about any breaking under .495 recoil!

Thanks for putting me onto them!

I hear you. Solid wood is so old tech anyway. :whistle::LOL:Kevlar, fiberglass, carbon fiber and an occasional laminated stock for me. (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg