Dennis M

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Nevada
Hello, all.
I am new to the forum and new to large caliber rifles as well. I just aquired a 458 Lott and a 416 Rigby in a trade and am looking to get some once fired brass in both to reload.

I did shoot both before buying. The Rigby was , the Lott was the first shot, but after about 5 rounds I settled down. I am looking forward to loading and shooting both.

If anyone has any suggestions on where to find some good gas check cast lead for either, I am all ears as well. I know there is a 350gr 416 bullet I have seen with the round nose profile, but I have not been able to find. 450-500gr bullet for the Lott that is not the FN style for the 45-70. I would like to find a round nose profile for the Lott as well.

Thanks for any advice and let me know if you have brass you are looking to part with.

Thanks and greetings.
Denny

Hi Dennis.
Which country are you in? I can give advise for Canada.

I have a few hundred rcbs 416 350 gr bullets ready to load. 100 northfork 300 gr jacketed 416 bullets. 400 Barnes 400 gr banded solids. And about 400 500 gr 458 tsx bullets for the Lott. Pm sent f interested.

I have a few hundred rcbs 416 350 gr bullets ready to load. 100 northfork 300 gr jacketed 416 bullets. 400 Barnes 400 gr banded solids. And about 400 500 gr 458 tsx bullets for the Lott. Pm sent f interested.
Hi, Kycrawler,
I may be. I am trying to figure out what I want to load for them. I will keep in touch.
Thanks.

No problem. I also have some 405 gr cast gascheck bullets cast up that I used to shoot in 458 win mag.

Dennis, I dont mean to jack your thread but if you are not interested in these TSX bullets from Kycrawler I will take them off his hands.

Dennis, I dont mean to jack your thread but if you are not interested in these TSX bullets from Kycrawler I will take them off his hands.
Hi, MRodrigues1991,
No worries. Its a free bump and definitely contact him on them. I have not decided what bullets I want to load yet so don't wait on me, I still need to find some brass.

On another note, I saw the Ruger you purchased on the forum, what a beauty, enjoy. I will be looking to upgrade my Lott, I am sure. The Rigby I got is in great shape and is a keeper. I will eventually use the action on the Lott for something else once I find another, the rifle was rough -dropped, dragged, abused :).
Best,
Dennis

Hi, MRodrigues1991,
No worries. Its a free bump and definitely contact him on them. I have not decided what bullets I want to load yet so don't wait on me, I still need to find some brass.

On another note, I saw the Ruger you purchased on the forum, what a beauty, enjoy. I will be looking to upgrade my Lott, I am sure. The Rigby I got is in great shape and is a keeper. I will eventually use the action on the Lott for something else once I find another, the rifle was rough -dropped, dragged, abused :).
Best,
Dennis

Thanks! very happy with it, shoots great

PM Sent

PM Sent to you!

PM Sent!
Thanks,
Dennis

Bumps the post back to the top.

Hello all, thanks for help so far. Does anyone know a good place to check for new 458 Lott brass? I have had some luck with getting 416 Rigby cases (thanks to all that helped out there, I would take some more if anyone has some they don't need), but I have not found any 458 Lott brass yet.

I would rather find some once fired, but at this point, I have not found any and would buy at least some new if I could find some. I tried ammoseek.com and the other regulars I know, but just hoping someone has a direction they can point me in that doesn't come up in the first few pages of google search (I tried all those).
Thanks,
Dennis

Hello Dennis. There are 2 lots of 50 once fired on Gunbroker.
Also, I have some of the Federal Premium.458 Lott posted here. If someone doesn’t offer up a good trade or want to buy them outright, I may pull the ammo, keep the bullets, dump the powder and the new primed nickel plated brass would be available. Send me a message if you might be interested in purchasing those.

Precision Reloading in Mitchell,Sd 605-223-0900 I believe 63.99 box of 50 if I remember correctly

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg