necking up 416 Rigby to 450 Rigby

I haven’t necked 416 to 450, but I have a couple of wildcats I’ve had to neck up. I’ve done 300 RUM to 416 with no problem. Anneal and do it in steps. I do have a 450 Rigby and managed to find brass in Canada just can’t remember where but I think it was a place in Ontario

I haven’t necked 416 to 450, but I have a couple of wildcats I’ve had to neck up. I’ve done 300 RUM to 416 with no problem. Anneal and do it in steps. I do have a 450 Rigby and managed to find brass in Canada just can’t remember where but I think it was a place in Ontario

Prophet River told me he is able to get some 450 Rigby from the state and ship them to me
the price was 169 for 25
what I am afraid of is that necking up you get a shorter neck was that you experience
I had this when I did 30-06 to 35 Whelen

Yes you may get a shorter neck up it shouldn’t be much, I really haven’t had a problem with a shorter neck. The only thing I would worry about would be erosion in the chamber, but how often will one shoot a 450 Rigby, and would it make much difference

Anything can be done but I suggest that you’d really have to watch the shoulder angle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!