National Norms & Standards for the Regulation of the Hunting Industry in South Africa

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
National Norms and Standards for the Regulation of the Hunting Industry in South Africa

watermark.php

Download the entire presentation at View attachment 2759.

I, Marthinus van Schalkwyk, Minister of Environmental Affairs and Tourism, hereby issue national norms and standards for the regulation of the hunting industry in South Africa and related matters in terms of section 9 of the National Environmental Management: Biodiversity Act, 2004 (Act No. 10 of 2004), and section 11 of the National Environmental Management: Protected Areas Act, 2003 (Act No. 57 of 2003), as set out in the Schedule.

SCHEDULE

TABLE OF CONTENTS

CHAPTER 1
INTERPRETATION, PURPOSE AND APPLICATION OF THIS SCHEDULE

1. Definitions
2. Purpose of this Schedule
3. Application of this Schedule

CHAPTER 2
PROVINCIAL HUNTING AUTHORISATIONS

4. Applications relating to animals which are both provincially listed animals and nationally listed threatened or protected animals
5. Factors to be taken into account when considering applications for provincial hunting authorisations
6. Contents of provincial hunting authorisations

CHAPTER 3
HUNTING RESTRICTIONS

Part 1: Restrictions relating to protected areas and land adjacent to protected areas
7. Hunting in special nature reserves, world heritage sites and wilderness areas
8. Hunting in national protected areas other than those referred to in clause 7(1)
9. Hunting in provincial protected areas
10. Hunting in protected areas to be consistent with biodiversity legislation and other management instruments
11. Hunting on private land adjacent to protected areas

Part 2: Other restrictions
12. Damage causing animals
13. Persons restricted from obtaining hunting authorisations and permits
14. Compulsory conditions subject which hunting authorisations and permits must be issued

CHAPTER 4
SELFREGULATION OF HUNTING INDUSTRY

15. National association of hunting organisations
16. Recognition of hunting organisations
17. Norms and standards for codes of ethical conduct and good practice
18. Withdrawal of recognition of hunting organisations

CHAPTER 5
MISCELLANEOUS MATTERS

19. National Hunting Register
20. Short title and commencement

Download the entire presentation at View attachment 2759.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross