AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
With both DSC (Dallas Safari Club) Convention and SCI (Safari Club International) Convention and most Hunting Fairs in Europe something of the past, most members have returned to Namibia for a successful hunting season.
Namibia was time and again mentioned as THE country to visit for an outstanding hunting experience.

The Dallas Show was visited by our Minister Pohamba Shifeta together with the Director of Scientific Services, Elly Hamunyela. We value the ongoing support of our line ministry.
The Chair of our Disciplinary Committee René Krafft attended the fair and manned the NAPHA booth. A total of 30 NAPHA members attended this show.

The Las Vegas Convention (SCI) was attended by 32 NAPHA members and our CEO, Tanja Dahl attended on behalf of NAPHA. A number of meetings were held with key stakeholders, amongst them OPHAA – Outfitters and Professional Hunting Associations of Africa – and APHA – African Professional Hunters Association.
Presentations on Namibia given to attendees of the SCI show included our president, Danene van der Westhuyzen – talking about “Living with Wildlife in Namibia – put your money where your mouth is” as well as Marina Lamprecht – talking about “Keep calm and carry on Hunting” and “My Country – My Pride”.

According to feedback by members, shows were good, with a steady number of visitors. The Salzburg Show seems to have picked-up in intensity.
Topics mostly debated seemed to be Leopard Hunting as well as anti-poaching efforts.

Concerns raised by members include quota setting and quota release by MET, as well as examination results. This will (again) be addressed by NAPHA with MET.

NAPHA extends a word of caution regarding cross border hunting – rules and regulations should be adhered to at all times.

As of the 01st of January 2017 Mr Greenwell Matongo, previously with WWF, has been appointed as liaison person between NAPHA and MET concerning all matters hunting related.

Source: Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.