Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
north shore steelhead association
Hunted
rsa
i have recently returned from a 25 day holiday in namibia. the flights were booked by lori of Travel Express. from seating to confirmations and flight updates, everything was handled greatly and would highly recommend using travel express. the first 14 days included a self drive around namibia, national parks, caprivi,etc. all went well and the country was beautful. the hunting took place with the die keiler group.they have operated together for 20 years and offer the hunter five different areas with different species.the first area that i hunted was the westfalenhof ranch. this ranch is operated by fred and uta redecker. besides plains game, leopard hunts are also conducted on this property. the area was very rugged , mountainous and rocky. the hunt was true spot and stalk. climbing up koppies and glassing the landscape for various animals. the high rainfall this year left the trees still very green and visibility was less limited than previous years. the hunting was amazing, real fair chase spot and stalk. in some cases, the tracker was left on the koppie with a radio to help guide us on the longer stalks. mountain zebra, gemsbok, kudu and the smaller species of steenbok, dik dik, klipspringer, were plentiful. i took zebra, gemsbok, steenbok, baboons, jackel. the area was beautiful and the hunting was more than i had imagined. both fred and uta were gracious hosts providing great accomadation, food and staff were also great. next stop was to the cowdray ranch south east of windhoek along the fringes of the kalahari. this ranch is owned by rainer and reinhild ling. this area was much more open, mixed with red sand dunes. the quantity and quality of game was exceptional. we easily saw game in the several hundreds each day. the hunting here was also true spot and stalk. we stalked different species all day long and truly earned each trophy. again, the food and accomadations were great, and the staff was always smiling and happy.game taken here included, red hartebeest, blue and black wildebeest and springbok. this group also has management hunts. these animals are not exportable trophys and are generally older animals or animals with poor genetics etc. these hunts can be combined with a trophy hunt or by themselves. the popularity of these hunts is becoming very great. after filling my trophy needs, i took several management animals, which i truly enjoyed as i was able to continue to hunt. this also helps to control the game numbers which are very high.these animals are offered at a fraction of cost. die keiler is also a member of napha and rainer is chairman of one of their committees. this hunt was truly beyond expectations, and was the reason that i came to namibia, to hunt free range, fair chase, spot and stalk animals in an ethical way. they can be reached at info@africa-hunting.com anyone looking for a true hunt, would not be disapointed.

img_1692-jpg.7729

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the hunt report, glad you had a great time!

Sounds like you had a great trip and then to cap it off you went on a nice hunt...

Per chance do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share with the rest of the forum?

Thanks again for the report...

Hi Kuduman

Thanks for sharing , you had a great time on this safari , I believe ?congratulations !!!! Pics please......

Monish

Thanks for posting your hunt report kuduman.

pictures- die keiler namibia

finally got some help with the pics. sorry for the wait.

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1622.JPG

Thanks for the pictures...I need to shoot a steenbok in the future!

Hi Kuduman,

Thanks for posting & sharing remarkable trophy pictures... Congratulations again...

Monish

Glad you had a good one.You should have come to my village for a visit.Nice photo's..next time use more sunblock..;)!

Congrats, beautiful animals, next comes the taxidermy bill. Gemsbok is awesome.

maybe next time, i will have a little more time for a visit. i was on a fixed schedule this time. that sun is pretty intense for a fair skinned canadian.

as far as the taxi work goes, the zebra rug and everything else is getting euroed in namibia. thats 15 different species now, and the wall is getting full. i was only going to get the rug done and picture of everything else, but decided on euros for the rest as i would kick myself for leaving them there.

Seems like you had a great time, and got some nice trophies, congratulations !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross