Namibia to prosecute people posting trophy hunting photos on social media

I think I am in trouble! Please take down my hunt report from Namibia a couple of years ago. It has "those" pictures in it!

Or perhaps Wayne can use his spare time (you do sleep don't you?) to go through all of the Namibian hunt reports and just remove the pictures!

Alternatively, I can never return to Namibia. Up to the Minister, I guess.

Sorry Hank, I refuse to take your pictures down or mine. We can both await the silver bracelets. Of course if I get extradited I can turn it into a nice hunting opportunity.
I will be sure to take lots of pictures for my hunter report!

No law. My impression is a policy put in place in GROSS OVER REACTION to ANTI HUNTERS not liking certain animals being hunted (or advertised to be hunted) because they think Namibia IS A PERSONAL ZOO.

Posting video of animals being stoned or hacked to death is disgusting. Prosecute them.

Hunted trophies from ethically hunted trophies being banned is unjustified censorship.
Please refer to Constitutional Freedoms noted earlier and in most other CIVILIZED countries.

So the threat of prosecution based on an illegal policy.... Lovely....

Edit: To be clear, that certainly wouldn't be the first time or related only to Namibia or hunting.

Sorry Hank, I refuse to take your pictures down or mine. We can both await the silver bracelets. Of course if I get extradited I can turn it into a nice hunting opportunity.
I will be sure to take lots of pictures for my hunter report!
I can live with this if you promise to go first, then I can get them to use your cuffs on me . .. I will then easily slip them off, and make my way home so that I can post the pictures again!

What if you only took down the lousy pictures I posted? That would likely include any with me in them!

This just came to mind.

I was seriously considering another Namibian hunt next year but I would think twice now if the government are that anti. Bet they don't turn down the revenue from
Hunting though

I was too actually. Will wait now until there's clarity. Does that mean sporting/ hunting magazines are social media???

I was too actually. Will wait now until there's clarity. Does that mean sporting/ hunting magazines are social media???
So I am heading to Namibia in October to hunt plains game. Earlier this year they made it easier to obtain your gun permit. Now this. Makes me wonder how I will be viewed as a hunter in their country. Certainly puts some apprehension into my upcoming hunt

It seems like the powers that be are going out of their way to try and make us hunters feel like criminals deserving of prison. Is this now how they are hoping to stop the sport - to try and "shame" us to stop? sighhhh

Last edited:
I seriously doubt Namibia will jeopardize the amount of money hunters worldwide generate in that country. I think more clarification is needed.

I seriously doubt Namibia will jeopardize the amount of money hunters worldwide generate in that country. I think more clarification is needed.

Like Botswana? Like the amount of money generated from Americans hunting Elephant in Zimbabwe or Tanzania?
The problem with common sense is that it ain't that common anymore.

Well said. Let's pray things change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!