NAMIBIA: The Return to... Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris Namibia

???

I do not know who did the skull cleaning. This supposed "D&P" Euro mounts are ready to go on the wall with a little rinsing.
I know that the guys at Ozondjahe are awesome and I'll bet these trophies showed up at Reiser cleaned and ready to be dipped and shipped.

Now, where to place the trophies?

[I have no idea, beyond the fact that these trophies are nearly sterile as delivered, why I was allowed to pick them up myself under the new regime. I will not look a gift horse in the mouth.] :ssst:

I have just really unpacked the skulls fully today.

The CFIA guy did not make a mistake. These trophies are DONE and FINISHED.

If this is Reiser Taxidermy's D&P I am not sure what else they do for a Euro mount but include a plaque.

The only trophy I will have to bleach any more is the Giraffe and a couple of small spots on the Wildebeest.

The only issues:
Two of one of the Eland's teeth and missing and a couple fell out. (possibly over boiled)
Two of the Giraffes small teeth and missing.
Of course the the Steenbok small bones are broken (Shipping vibration could have done that)

All in all, I am happy with the result.

Really enjoyed this Brickburn, I was going to go to Canada next year for Black Bear, but now I am think of Namibia instead.

cheers
Chris

Chris, I am glad you enjoyed the story.

Have fun in Namibia, as you have already read, I sure did!

Brickburn

I also have some teeth missing from some of my skulls, just seems to be a common things. Also they fall out from time to time and will need to be glued back in. I am missing 4 teeth on a cape buffalo skull.

The all dip and pack company's do just about a finished product for a euro mount. (They will be re-bleached in the States.) Or you would see more trophy's being seized by customs.

Glad everything is working out for you.

I had my Giraffe skull done in Africa and could not be happier. The painted African motif is outstanding. I now am having a turntable made to showcase it and put it on.

After being the nervous sort that I am abounding shipping issues. I tried repeatedly to track the second AWB. Never any success, the Cargolux guy could not find it either.
I assumed the shipment had not entered the system. WRONG.

I emailed the shipping company yesterday and said WHAT'S UP?????????

I got a reply this morning. It is already delivered and arrived April 17. REALLY?!

No phone call from the warehouse in 6 days. What?

I have been provided the WRONG AWB # on my paperwork.
Hard to track a shipment when you don't have the information.

Really hard to give advance notice to the taxidermist to pick it up. I sense storage fees in the offing.

I ask the shipping Co what is going on.
They just got the new AWB yesterday. After delivery and after I have made the demand to track it.

Go down to the office and check messages this morning and a message was left at the end of the day yesterday.

THe message is that "CFIA has cleared the trophies and they are ready for Customs Clearance".
"Who is clearing your trophies?" The instructions are no the weigh bill. No one reads. Oh well.
At least they called.

I called them and told them I am coming over to address the clearance.

CFIA cleared it?!!! I will wait until they are in my hot little hands before I celebrate.

Brickburn,

Not to difficult when you get through the paperwork.

My South African shipment was Dipped - packed and boxed and ready to go at Holiday time, i expedited my payment by wire transfer and then they clsed the doors when they shut down for 2 weeks at Christmas time. Shipments kept coming in and my box was being buried by daily in shipments for the 2 weeks shipper close down.

4 months later i was still looking for my box of goodies. They wanted to be paid again and that took a month to sort out that the shipment for was paid in November. Cost of the shipping went up and they wanted additional money. I held steadfast and they eventually sent my box, after i had my PH get involved to find out what the hold up was.

And shipping through 2 countries is even more difficult when in one country you cannot pay by credit card or wire transfer. That took some creative thinking and billing.

James, it can be a pain in the ass. If you have not done so already, please share the pictures of your trophies.

I have unwrapped it all and am still working on the plan for the Giraffe Rug. Oh to be the Queen of England and have all that space in the palace for a Giraffe throw rug. :)

Brick burn

My giraffe rug became a tripping hazard and it is not in a bag in the garage. I will be looking at doing something else with it. Not sure what.

Pictures you say:

upload_2014-5-28_17-33-13.png
upload_2014-5-28_17-34-43.png
upload_2014-5-28_17-35-32.png
upload_2014-5-28_17-36-27.png
upload_2014-5-28_17-37-39.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those little caves up in the ceiling are a pretty cool place to hide some trophies.

Your Zebra rug reinforced and idea that I have for my Giraffe Rug.
I am going to "wrap" my small office in the rug.
Start at one wall, over the ceiling and then down the opposite wall.

Effectively, Giraffe wall paper.

I can even put some other trophies over top, if required. Likely will be required the way I keep going.

Those little caves up in the ceiling are a pretty cool place to hide some trophies.

Your Zebra rug reinforced and idea that I have for my Giraffe Rug.
I am going to "wrap" my small office in the rug.
Start at one wall, over the ceiling and then down the opposite wall.

Effectively, Giraffe wall paper.

I can even put some other trophies over top, if required. Likely will be required the way I keep going.

Brickburn,

Very creative idea on the giraffe. I have always thought an old black stink bull would be a great trophy but really don't have a place to put it. A ceiling wrap is a neat idea. Please post photos of the finished wrap!

All the best.

Still working on figuring the placement out for everything. It is all cleaned up and finished now. Including gluing the Giraffe jaw back together.
Life does get in the way of all these fun tasks. :)

Still working on figuring the placement out for everything. It is all cleaned up and finished now. Including gluing the Giraffe jaw back together.
Life does get in the way of all these fun tasks. :)

Looking forward to seeing photos of the finished product.

GREAT ROOM.jpg
Brickburn, I know the feeling as to where to hang our trophies. When we moved to GA, we wanted to make sure our new home would have enough wall space and high ceilings to hang my trophies. We bought a house with 14.5' celings, and this is what one side looks like. :D BTW, excellent report, thanks for sharing it with us.

View attachment 32608

I just took a few hours to rearrange the pictures in this thread in order to keep them alive after changing some Photobucket settings. You find out quickly just how many pictures you use when you have to reload them all and search the data base.

Still fun to see the story again. Makes me want to go hunt a Leopard. :)

Little did I know what I started. I just ran into video tape of my Giraffe hunt.
I'll see if it is worth posting. It is only GOPRO footage and is likely to show dots and the back of the PH's back.
If it is worthy I'll try and upload it somewhere.
Great to See Augustinus in action again. I can remember what we were on about with just the hand signals. Amazing.

This has all been a wonderful read. Thanks for taking the time to share it.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Owners are special people. You will have a great time!

I just booked my hunt with Ozondjahe and I am crawling out of my skin with excitement. First day of hunting will be June 14, 2024. I enjoyed this read immensely and can't wait to comb through your other reports.

Glad you enjoyed the report. You’ll have a great time. Make sure you take notes and lots of pictures for your report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemjhon405

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber