NAMIBIA: SOUTH AFRICA: Fantastic Safari With Warthog Safaris

As the days in Africa were winding down, we went full force after bush pig--with the bait site monitoring and feeding bush pig are never an easy prospect. While I was in Namibia, my son had spent several evenings in a blind unsuccessfully for bush pig. On the next to last night of the hunt, we settled in to the blind just before dusk. The boar and two sows with a young pig were coming in about 9 pm each night, so we were hopeful they would return. At approximately 815 the boar came in, and with the moonlight we could tell it was a male, but we wanted to get him a little closer to utilize the red light to get a quality first shot. He stayed just out of position for about five minutes. The screech of hyena startled him and he took off...maybe we should have taken the shot...

About 25 minutes later, the bushes rustled and all four came back into view. With a slight turn of the switch, the light illuminated the pig for my son to get a clear shot. As the sow cleared out, the 308 rang out and the pig dropped. He was an exceptional animal! And the tracking job was even seen on the trail camera (lol)!
tempImageawocjb.png
tempImageWmxSlB.png

This is looking good, two buffs, a very good eland and a bushpig of which I am jealous, never able to connect with a good one !

Keep it on :A Popcorn:

the bush pig is fantastic isn't it!?! We had a great time with Warthog Safaris!
This is looking good, two buffs, a very good eland and a bushpig of which I am jealous, never able to connect with a good one !

Keep it on :A Popcorn:

Congratulations on the two buffalo with your son @slam8031 ! Very well done for the both of you! That bushpig and eland are mighty fine animals too!

Congratulations on the two buffalo with your son @slam8031 ! Very well done for the both of you! That bushpig and eland are mighty fine animals too!
Thank you very much! Incredibly blessed with these fine animals!!

Congrats on the bush pig!!!

Fine animals for sure.

Been waiting for this Sam!

Always great to get a preview but reading the real report is great.

Bushpig are under rated. And buffalo.... Well... As we discussed, they are special.

Outstanding! Congratulations!

Been waiting for this Sam!

Always great to get a preview but reading the real report is great.

Bushpig are under rated. And buffalo.... Well... As we discussed, they are special.
Not quite finished but you are absolutely right!!! Yours will be soon too!

That’s an incredible day when you get 2 Buffalo and an eland. Congrats on the good shooting.
Bruce

That’s an incredible day when you get 2 Buffalo and an eland. Congrats on the good shooting.
Bruce
I’m not sure we can have a much better day hunting. And the shooting was excellent too! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusM4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you