Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I just returned from Africa on a ten day safari at the Goedehoop Ranch. I had a wonderful time and toke seven spedies of game. I will now try to post some photos

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_1605.jpg
    IMG_1605.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 293
Here are a couple more shots. The blesbock got up after I shot him and I brained him. So not to good of a photo, I think my taxidermist can fix him. We had to stick his eye back end and try to hold his horns together.

Attachments

• IMG_1638.jpg
    IMG_1638.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 235
  • SAM_0092.jpg
    SAM_0092.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 281
Some fine looking animals, Congatulations. What's the seventh animal taken?
Randy

Looks like a female blesbok?

Congratulations for your hunt !

Congrats

What a great hunt. Nice!

Thanks for the pictures! I love the curls on that kudu! Very nice impala too!

Some good trophies..... Congrats!!

Looks like a female blesbok?

It was a male. It had a broken back leg. So I shot it for the PH and when we approch it got up and I unforunatly shot and hit him in the head. We had to stick it's eye back in and try to straighten it's horns. It look like someone had shot it in the hind leg and I did not want it to suffer.

nice pictures of a good safari

Thanks for sharing your pictures of your hunt.
Congratulations!

Nice job on the Blesbok.

Great hunt,really like the Kudu

Congrats on a great hunt.

Thanks for sharing your trophies with us lawyers!

It was a great hunt. Johan owns 50,000 acreas down by Aranos on the Botswana border. He also has another 250000 in concessions. The next time I go I will go for Hartman Zevra, Warthog, Waterbuck, Black Wildebeest and maybe Eland. We would have to hunt up by Windhoke for Zebra and Warthog and then go south. I loved hunting the Hartebeest. Johan thought that lions had chased it in from Botswana. He sometimes has problems with lion and leapords from Botswana killing sheep and cattle. I shot everything with a 300 ruger compact mag and had a 338 win mag for a backup rifle. Like everyone said you don't go to Africa once and am already thinking of the second trip with Johan.

Sjoe , nice deep curls on that Kudu .

Well done !

lwaters, You took some very nice animals on your trip. Congrats to you.

The kudu green measured 59 1/2 and 62. Probably the best trophy I will ever take. My PH is checking it out to see where it ranks in the southern kalahari of Namibia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg