Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) Medal System

The Namibia Professional Hunting Association (NAPHA) medals measuring system is founded and based on the Safari Club international (SCI) measuring system, which is essentially the sum of both horns' lengths and circumferences with the exception of Warthog (length and circumference of longest tusk) and Elephant (combined weight of both tusks in pounds (lbs)).

Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals, in conjunction with the appropriate certificates are obtainable for mature trophies. This is to promote the basic idea of selective trophy hunting. A trophy achieving the minimum score of the SCI Record Book of Trophy Animals will be awarded the Silver Medal. A trophy 5% below the minimum score will be awarded the Bronze Medal and a trophy 5% above the minimum will be awarded the Gold Medal.

napha-gold.jpg

Gold Medal

napha-silver.jpg

Silver Medal

napha-bronze.jpg

Bronze Medal

The Conservation Medal minted in old silver is obtainable for any trophy that qualifies as being old, abnormal or with broken horns.

napha-conservation.jpg

Conservation Medal

The Namibian Game Fields Medal is awarded to a trophy that is not only large but also old, thus providing an incentive to hunters to allow animals to pass on their genes. Sustainable utilization require precisely the well endowed specimens to grow old and fulfill their natural role.

napha-game-fields.jpg

Namibian Game Fields Medal

The NAPHA medals program was established not only to award Medals to hunting clients for trophies harvested in Namibia but also as a source of revenue for NAPHA to use for the various ongoing projects important for the future of hunting.

Medals are available after your safari from the NAPHA office in Windhoek. Your Professional Hunter will be able to assist you by supplying the trophy measurements along with the permit number. Medals can also be purchased retroactively for trophies taken in Namibia in past years by submitting the trophy measurements along with the permit number. For further information on the medals, you can contact NAPHA directly at www.napha.com.na.

watermark.php

Example of the certificate provided with the medal

Namibian Minimum Measurement System
The Namibian Minimum Measurement System is to protect hunting clients hunting in Namibia from harvesting animals below the minimum requirement as per the Namibian Ministry of Environment and Tourism (MET). This does not apply to conservation harvesting programmes or in case of old age, an animal with a broken horn or a sick animal as long as the hunting client expressly asks for this trophy.

The Namibian minimum measurement system should, however, not be confused with NAPHA medals system.

Minimum Measurements
Minimum measurements for NAPHA medals and Namibia quality control minimum measurements as accepted by NAPHA.

(click on image to enlarge chart)

The Namibian TOP 10 Trophies
The Namibian TOP 10 Trophies is a record of the best trophies taken and entered over the years with both rife and bow, check out if any of your trophies qualify at www.napha-namibia.com.

To qualify for your trophy to be on NAPHA's Namibian TOP 10 Trophies list, two steps have to be

Here are the two guidelines to submit an entry to the SCI Record Book of Trophy Animals.
• The trophy has to be measured by an official NAPHA measurer.
• A photo of the harvested trophy must be provided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Published by NAPHA - Namibia Professional Hunting Association

NAPHA Trophy Medals - Selective Hunting is Conservation

click on image to enlarge

Minimum Measurements for NAPHA Medals

click on image to enlarge

Last edited by a moderator:
napha-medals-01.jpeg
napha-medals-02.jpeg

The " ultimate medal" is really a fantastic idea. That is the one medal I would value for sure. Also, those old trophies have so much character.

I am thinking about this ultimate medal as a goal for a safari (maybe the next one?). I am wondering whether there are examples of the animals that have qualified for this medal? Maybe this is a weird question but is there a particular species of plains game or area that one could expect to have a greater likelihood of finding a qualifying animal? I am just trying to figure out how to approach this challenge. Is it just luck? Any advice would be appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniata1951

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross