NAMIBIA: BOWHUNT: Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris

Out of the animals I took, I really enjoy the Warthog the most. I just have a craving for pig hunting anyway:cool:

I have to agree with this. I actually think I had more fun stalking warthog than any other PG that I've done. I could do a warthog only hunt like some people would do kudu.

Congrats for a great hunt Jeff, nice trophies !

Great trophies, especially with a bow, out of 9 African hunts your success is better than any of mine, congrats!

Jeff, I'm really glad that you had such a great time hunting with us at Ozondjahe and thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice hunting report. You know where to get a hold of me if there is anything else that I can do.

Jeff, Great story and pictures. Congrats......
Thank you for sharing.....

Congrats on your adventure. Nice animals. I'm hunting with Ozondjahe in June. I sure hope it goes as well as your trip.
You will no doubt have a great time. Fantastic place

Congrats! All fine trophies I love the way you have that dog mounted just sitting there. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I have to agree with this. I actually think I had more fun stalking warthog than any other PG that I've done. I could do a warthog only hunt like some people would do kudu.
I know the warthog bug well !
Didnt really have them on the radar for my hunt .
Ended up shooting 3 and almost banged another one on the last day .
They sure are characters and real for hunting
Might go back on a warthog cull , man it would be fun .

Was just scrolling through some Namibia reports and came across this on. Nice report and congrats, some nice trophies!

@jeffb ,

Look forward to your baboon mount, sounds really cool. Please post a pic when you get it done!

@jeffb

Great report. Where exactly is Ozondjahe located in Namibia? My hunt will be there next year, but with Otjandaue outside of Omaruru in the Erongo province.

Were all your animals taken from a blind, or were you able to do some spot and stalk? Also, would you mind giving a break down of your archery gear?

Just curious to know your setup to gauge my own.

Thanks

Very nice trophies Jeff, congratulations! Did you take the baboon with your bow too?
Jeff, did you take the baboon from a blind? These are wary animals, and to get close enough to one to take it with a bow is quite an accomplishment.

That looks like you had a great trip!

Hopefully in about a year and a half. Also looking into a South African hunt for the Springbok Slam
Last year or so there has been an outbreak of rabies which has really hurt the kudu no.s..May take awhile to recover..We had them from a previous trip but only saw one bull on our whole trip in Aug. 2015 to Namibia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.