Namibia or elsewhere? 2024

I would highly recommend Limcroma Safaris for a trip like you are mentioning. There is tons of stuff for your wife to do while you are hunting a couple days and then they are close enough to tons of attractions you could get out and about with her.

Went on my first Safari (and trip to Africa) in September 22 with Khomas Highland Safaris and had the time of my life! Namibia is gorgeous, and Philip runs a great operation. I should have booked time to go to Etosha but my original plan of taking 3 animals turned into 5 and am now anxiously waiting until trophies are ready! I agree on putting gemsbok on the list, they are really amazing animals and mountain zebra is a must! Safe travels and good hunting!

I went to Namibia last summer with a non-hunting wife and daughter. I hunted with Kowas and they took us across the country after the hunt. It was fantastic, and my whole crew wants to return.

I went to Namibia on my third trip to Africa. I took a Leopard, 2 Gemsbok and 6 Mountain Zebra. (Love hunting Mt. Zebra) We stalked in on a 55" Kudo to 200 yards. I passed because I already had one that big. I also passed on a 6 inch Steenbok. That night I decided I wanted to take the Steenbok and we drove there every day and never saw him again. What a Trip!!!

Oelofse Safaris is solid. Excellent accommodations when I hunted there in 2021. Staff, food and trophies were fabulous as well. They have a private school on their property. Annette also has a family member that is a doctor so I’m sure they could connect you to a clinic as well.

I heartily second the recommendation of Jan Oelofse Hunting Safaris in Namibia. Jan was an absolute legend in Africa and an icon in Namibia. He was the guy who managed all the animals, including doing the stunts, for John Wayne's iconic movie in Africa, Hatari. Your wife would have a wonderful time there as well as described by 375Fox above. Jan passed away about 8 or so years ago but his lovely wife, Annette, and son have kept everything running smoothly.

The senior PH is Steve Tors. He was our PH on my hunts there and started with Jan in 1975. He never talked about it but Steve is a fascinating guy. I didn't realize it until recently but he is the son of Ivan Tors who produced such iconic TV shows like Gentle Ben, Flipper, and Daktari and grew up in Hollywood. I've linked an article below written by Steve that talks about one of his more hair raising adventures
Great article

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross