NAMIBIA: Omujeve Hunting Safaris - Caprivi Strip

MMAL

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
So like many of us, Covid killed my 50Th birthday present to myself. 11 Days in Caprivi Strip with Omujeve Safaris. But I refused to give up. In late August I booked Qatar Airlines for arrival on OCt. 1st, the first day they were flying back into Namibia. Then South Africa opened up and I guess the airline did not have a lot of people booked. On Sunday Sept. 20th, they canceled my flight on Sept. 30th. They are not flying direct from Doha to Windhoek until Oct. 15th. On the phone early with Lori from Travel Express and I am now rebooked on Ethiopian Airlines on Sept. 27th. Use her she is great.

Area: Mashi and Bamunu Conservancy.
Animals on Permit: Non-Trophy Elephant, Trophy Cape Buffalo, Trophy Hippo, Red Lechwe, Kudu, Impala, Wildebeest, zebra
Omujeve Safaris
PH Gideon Cloete who I have hunted with before in 2016.

Travel is a bitch with no internal flights, once I land it is a 12 hour car ride. But since Namibia relaxed the quarantine rules we might make a two day trip. I would like to just get it out of the way and hunt the next day.

Just excited to get out of here. I will have a hunt report. But in the meantime they have a great promotional video. I have only watched it 50 times during this COVID mess.

For anyone thinking about it, I would suggest do it. The outfitters and communities are hurting and need the hunters. there are some great deals going around. PM me on a trophy elephant, cape and hippo deal they have. Good luck everyone.

The caprivi camp starts at 6:45

IMG_0517.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So like many of us, Covid killed my 50Th birthday present to myself. 11 Days in Caprivi Strip with Omujeve Safaris. But I refused to give up. In late August I booked Qatar Airlines for arrival on OCt. 1st, the first day they were flying back into Namibia. Then South Africa opened up and I guess the airline did not have a lot of people booked. On Sunday Sept. 20th, they canceled my flight on Sept. 30th. They are not flying direct from Doha to Windhoek until Oct. 15th. On the phone early with Lori from Travel Express and I am now rebooked on Ethiopian Airlines on Sept. 27th.

Animals on Permit: Non-Trophy Elephant, Trophy Cape Buffalo, Trophy Hippo, Red Lechwe, Kudu, Impala, Wildebeest, zebra
Omujeve Safaris

Travel is a bitch with no internal flights, once I land it is a 12 hour car ride. But since Namibia relaxed the quarantine rules we make a two day trip. I would like to just get it out of the way and hunt the next day.

Just excited to get out of here. I will have a hunt report. But in the meantime they have a great promotional video. I have only watched it 50 times during this COVID mess.

For anyone thinking about it, I would suggest do it. The outfitters and communities are hurting and need the hunters. there are some great deals going around. PM me on a trophy elephant, cap and hippo deal they have. Good luck everyone.

Special place to hunt! Only the Okavango could claim to surpass it. The 42+" buff in my avatar and below came from there. We dodged elephants almost every day, were harassed by hippo, and slipped past crocs. Good luck pulling the trip together and really looking forward to the report!!
42 Dugga Boy - Caprivi

Really looking forward to this report! I'm also looking at some deals that are popping up on AH ams strongly considering a few options for 2020.

Special place to hunt! Only the Okavango could claim to surpass it. The 42+" buff in my avatar and below came from there. We dodged elephants almost every day, were harassed by hippo, and slipped past crocs. Good luck pulling the trip together and really looking forward to the report!!
42 Dugga Boy - Caprivi
Very nice buff. Caprivi seems like a fine destination

So like many of us, Covid killed my 50Th birthday present to myself. 11 Days in Caprivi Strip with Omujeve Safaris. But I refused to give up. In late August I booked Qatar Airlines for arrival on OCt. 1st, the first day they were flying back into Namibia. Then South Africa opened up and I guess the airline did not have a lot of people booked. On Sunday Sept. 20th, they canceled my flight on Sept. 30th. They are not flying direct from Doha to Windhoek until Oct. 15th. On the phone early with Lori from Travel Express and I am now rebooked on Ethiopian Airlines on Sept. 27th. Use her she is great.

Omujeve Safaris

Travel is a bitch with no internal flights, once I land it is a 12 hour car ride. But since Namibia relaxed the quarantine rules we might make a two day trip. I would like to just get it out of the way and hunt the next day.

For anyone thinking about it, I would suggest do it. The outfitters and communities are hurting and need the hunters. there are some great deals going around. PM me on a trophy elephant, cape and hippo deal they have. Good luck everyone.

I was lucky to thread the needle with travel and flight cancellations to finally hunt in Zambia earlier in August. I can completely relate to your feelings right now.

Please post your hunt review. I'm sure many of us will be waiting to read about it.

I look forward to reading your report. I hope you decide to add an eland if you have opportunity. My largest eland came from along border between mayuni and Mashi, they have some of the largest body eland I’ve seen anywhere.

My dream hunt! Can’t wait to read your report! Best of luck!

On the phone early with Lori from Travel Express and I am now rebooked on Ethiopian Airlines on Sept. 27th. Use her she is great.
+1

Omujeve Safaris

Some of us can at this point but only dream... Waiting with bated breath for the hunt report! Enjoy and may you shoot straight!

Is Namibia considering extending the season this year to help outfitters make up for lost income?

Please include lots of landscape and camp life pics in your trip report. In exchange I shall wish you safety, adventure, and HUGE trophy success!!!

I have not heard of any extension and from the "deals' being offered on AH, they do not mention any extension. WIll advise.

Will take a lot of pictures, I have a buddy that is as stupid as I am and going with me. He is becoming my photographer. Please note that i will not be posting during the hunt. Sorry

IMG_0382.JPG

Woke up at 3:30 4 hour drive to Washington Dulles airport. Check in on Ethiopian airlines, security and as you can see the Turkish lounge is very easy. Grand total of 35 mins. No one is the airport or the lounge.

Heading off today. Talk to you soon.

Best of luck, look forward to hearing from you when you get back!

Good luck and safe travels.

View attachment 369385

Woke up at 3:30 4 hour drive to Washington Dulles airport. Check in on Ethiopian airlines, security and as you can see the Turkish lounge is very easy. Grand total of 35 mins. No one is the airport or the lounge.

Heading off today. Talk to you soon.

Awesome!!! Safe travels and will hear from you upon your return!!

42 Dugga Boy - Caprivi
Great trophy congrats.

Watching with a significant case of envyitus. (y)

Good luck and shoot straight

Is Namibia considering extending the season this year to help outfitters make up for lost income?
So at this point, I don't believe they are. The final date will be 30 November 2020. Better get over there soon then!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg