AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
New conditions for export of trophies from the Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Forestry in Namibia.

RE: NUMBER OF CONSIGNEE (IMPORTER) ALLOWED ON HEALTH CERTIFICATE FOR EXPORT OF TROPHIES, SKINS AND HIDES

As from the 1st of September 2017, only one (1) consignee (importer) will be allowed per health certificate. All taxidermies and tanneries have to adhere to this new development.

See attached official document from the Ministry.

Attachments

• Consignee_Regulation.01.pdf
    644.2 KB · Views: 211
So in otherwords you and your buddy can't share a crate?

So in otherwords you and your buddy can't share a crate?
Yes this is how I read it.

One (1) hunting permit (one or multiple trophies) = One (1) health certificate

Thanks Jerome!

But in case that consignee is third party, like agent or official importer to another country, then more trophies from 2 or more hunters may be sent to one responsible person or third party, in case his company is stated on health certificate?
Can it be done in that way?

So if someone like SSI is handling the shipment, is that not the "importer"?

What the hell is going on in Namibia lately? Why are they messing with an extremely successful hunting profile? They in my opinion were leaders in they way they handled wildlife and hunting.

What the hell is going on in Namibia lately? Why are they messing with an extremely successful hunting profile? They in my opinion were leaders in they way they handled wildlife and hunting.

Money and not missing any.

is it possible to bring home bleached skull mounts and horns in your checked in baggage?
Markcz

Gonna need some large bags for it.:rolleyes:o_O But even if legal and that's doubtful, probably not wise.

is it possible to bring home bleached skull mounts and horns in your checked in baggage?
Markcz
I would hazard a guess at it not being legal.
The processes involved would likely take a lot longer than the duration of your hunt and the trophies and accompanying paperwork would need to go through the official channels for quarantine etc.

We shot the animals last year and they are now bleached. I have a Red Hartebeest and a Springbok. if we have the paper work in order shouldn't be problem? I hope!
Markcz

We shot the animals last year and they are now bleached. I have a Red Hartebeest and a Springbok. if we have the paper work in order shouldn't be problem? I hope!
Markcz
You really need to Google it and maybe ring/email the relevant department.
You know what the powers that be are about bringing animal products into the country.
It would be a big risk to take them through customs and have them siezed because you hadn't gone through the official procedures.
You may lose them and they be destroyed and you could potentially face a fine.
If you can get paperwork in order that authorises it and have it in black and white that it is OK for you to do so then fair play.
If not, well it's not a chance I would be willing to take.

Hi Adrian, I will be on to it for the relevant paperwork and post the responces I get. I don't see a problem if all boxes are ticked.
Markcz

Hi Adrian, I will be on to it for the relevant paperwork and post the responces I get. I don't see a problem if all boxes are ticked.
Markcz
Haha! Most folk never see a problem until the authorities get involved and somehow they manage to find loads!

Namibia is doing the right thing that should have been done all along. They finally put their foot down and put it in writing...... In a couple of weeks I will post something that will help you to understand.....

All about the money. In the end I do not think it will be a big deal for us hunters.

What I have done is send all trophies home under my name, as long as there is no over quota. Have not had a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.