NAMIBIA: Ndumo Safaris - Caprivi Strip Hunt -- Fantastic!!

DCH Hunting

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zim, SA, Nam, Bots, Canada, Germany, Moz, Tanzania,
Wow, what a trip into an amazing area -- 350 000ha of Wilderness sandwiched between Angola to the North and Botswana to the South
We were 4 friends on a Buffalo Hunt - Own Use Tag.
We could keep trophies if we wished but all meat go to the NDF/NAMPOL for Meat rations and sustenance to assist with Anti-Poaching efforts in the area
Travel arrangements was by vehicle from Windhoek to Ndumo Hunting Camp on the banks of the Kwando River, about a 1100km drive
We were to hunt 2:1 with two resident PH's from Ndumo Safaris -- Concession Holder is Mr Karl Stumpfe, a respected personality in the Namibian Hunting Fraternity and member of NAPHA
The area is bordered to the North and South by a East - West cutline in the bush allowing free range and movement of all animals across these vast areas and the Kwando River and Okavango River as the Eatern and Western Boundary.
Our Camp was well appointed with nice sleeping quarters, great communal area for taking meals, whiskey and bantering!! Meals arrangements were stunning, light breakfast at 06:00, packed lunch or sausage braai lunctime in the bush and with a good mix between European Fine Dining and Braai-ing ( our local favourite!!) in the evenings, KT and Mel our chefs were outstanding
We were up at Sparrows Fart in the mornings and stayed in the bush untill last light, tracking, driving and enjoying this amazing area, Game is plentiful with about 25 000 buffalo and plainsgame to numerous to count. This area has ALL the plainsgame resident, that is normally found in Southern Africa with good counts of wild Sable and Roan, except oryx. We saw Lion, leopard, wild dogs on foot to add some spice
Our trackers were Barakwena San men from the communities, and they are the best in the business, my group clocked 77km and the other group clocked 94km walking over the 5 day hunt. So come fit and determined!
Our rifles were 375 HH, 416 Rigby, 500/465 HH -- adequate for the job at hand.
The best of this area is ----- NO Tsetse, Mosquitos, Mopane Flies, No duel ( Villages, grass and wood cutting ) use as it is a NP with hunting rights to concession holders ( a few photographic tourists but limited to the East and West along the rivers )
Enjoy the pics -- Foto's are worth more then a 1000 words!
PS: 1] Ele Tusk Picture were pic ups -- Went to MET
2) Buf was an Old Daga of 42" -- Gave us a run for our money as he was about to come briskley towards us with the follow up

PHOTO-2020-06-14-08-18-27.jpg
PHOTO-2020-06-21-14-28-42.jpg
PHOTO-2020-06-21-14-28-44.jpg
PHOTO-2020-06-21-14-28-58.jpg
PHOTO-2020-06-21-14-29-00.jpg
PHOTO-2020-06-21-14-29-01.png
PHOTO-2020-06-21-14-29-02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice hunt, pity about the blanked out faces, what are you scared of?

I don't think that he is necessarily scared of anything. Could possibly be to protect their business interests. Living in a liberal world, where many industries and companies follow the liberal agenda, I see no harm in protecting his family and personal interests.

I don't blur out photos myself but should any of my hunters ask me to blur out their faces, I simply don't use the photos.

Awesome! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

An absolute dream place of mine to hunt! Oh am I envious!

Very nice thank you for sharing.

I wanna go!
That's the measure of a fine report.
I really, really wanna go.
Thanks for sharing, have heard nothing but good things about your hunt operator.
FWB

You are right, sorry for the insensitivity. Unless we stand up to the antis though, they will never leave us alone, but I appreciate that may entail a messy battle.

Sounds like a great hunt. Thats an area I'd love to hunt in. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Jip, Kevin, if its not COVID then its the Greenies, I am just NOT interested in having an email war with some idiot who doesn't understand Africa with all its intricacies
Some more nice pics of old bulls -- perfect for harvesting and feeding a lot of people. The lions were not pleased though
The last pic is of The One. They promised that they tied him to a tree and will feed him Lucern Pellets until we can get up there again!!

PHOTO-2020-06-21-08-42-58.jpg
PHOTO-2020-06-21-08-45-02 2.jpg
PHOTO-2020-06-21-08-45-02 3.png
PHOTO-2020-06-21-08-47-34.png
PHOTO-2020-06-21-14-28-59.png
PHOTO-2020-06-28-13-49-25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin.....I appreciated your question for what it was....thought provoking. But when I think of Cecil the Lion, and all the problems for the dentist who legally and ethically hunted him, and the problems for his business, family and safety, I fully understand the Jack-in-the-Box heads in fotos. Adolescent children in school could definitely be in danger. BTW, I drove the Caprivi Strip last year, and can't wait to return to hunt...............FWB

Thanks for the report and pictures, would like to hunt there one day.

Wow DCH those are magnificent bulls, well done. And that big boy is a monster now, imagine after all the pellets!

Great hunt, congrats !

Now, about the blanked out faces, I always take pics of my hunted animals both with myself, and without. Depending on the media, I will use one or the other.

Great report and very nice Pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg