Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA
Hunted
Zim, SA, Nam, Bots, Canada, Germany, Moz, Tanzania,
1 Million Hectares ( 500 x 200km ) of unspoiled wilderness in the far East of Namibia against the Botswana border, that is the Nyae Naye Conservancy. Its an area seldom seen, seldom visited and wild. Nyae Naye borders on the Kaudom National Park in the North, Botswana in the East, millions of unfenced wilderness, only a handful of San hunter gatherers still inhabit this area as they had for thousands of years.

Naye Naye was hunted and managed by Mr Kai Uwe Denker in the early 2000's ( 2002 - 2011) and for the last 9 years by Mr Stephan Jacobs, ( SMJ Safaris.com ). Stephan, is a remarkable hunter and conservationist. In 2019 Mr Jacobs won the CIC Edmond Blanc Conservation Award (www.cic-wildlife.org). During the ceremony of the 66th General Assembly, the Edmond Blanc Prize was given to the Nyae Nyae Conservancy, its people and Mr Jacobs. This honour and recognition was awarded to Mr Jacobs for his work as a Professional Hunter within the conservancy. Highlighted was the changes made since 2012, in the Conservancy, with particular mention of the use of designated areas specifically for the purposes of hunting and sustainable use of Wildlife. Nyae Nyae’s dedication to the use of modern hunting practices, and their adoption of hunting regulations, quotas and the re-investment of funds into the conservancy to create water points, meat distribution etc, was applauded. Naye Naye was known for 100 lb elephant and it still is!! The average weight of tusks are 75lb (each) for the last three years, with a few in the 90lb plus range.

We did not hunt elephant, but saw massive old elephant bulls with huge ivory. We came for its wildness, remoteness, true African hunting and was not disappointed.

Our party consisted of my son and I, as well as my good friend - Mr Schalk Pienaar. We were after Eland, Kudu, Springbuck and Roan -- All of them wild in this massive tract of land. We were hunting on foot with the legendary Bushman or San trackers -- the only way to really hunt African Game in my opinion. Get the spoor ( tracks ) and follow into the bush!!
Schalck and I were very excited to hunt Roan, it's one of the few places in Africa where you can hunt Southern Roan in the wild.

Our camp is built next to a massive Boabab tree, rumoured to be a 1000 years old, if you think it grows 10 feet in diameter every 100 years, it might well be!! -- See the pics!
Robert, Stephan's R hand man, is cook, camp manager, fixer of all things broken and treated us with great food in the Bush Tradition, keeping the operation in this vast area ticking over without a hitch.
Accommodation is in Meeru Style Safari tents, en-suite washing and shower facilities, with a central dining area set under the Old Boabab.

Our routine was simple, up at 06:00, breakfast, and out into the bush to return only after dark -- hunting, pure and simple.

We tracked a huge Eland bull for about 5km, in the heat of the day, found it, shot, with a nice 40m out of hand shot using a Red Dot sight.
We tracked beautiful roan bulls for km's in the bush, some got away, but we got ours with long shots, they are very awake antelope!! Often standing dead still in the shadow of a bush looking back at its pursuers and running at the first sign of danger.
We tracked Kudu, Springbok -- got them

Great care was taken with our trophies and the meat was distributed to the San villages on a rota basis, each village and small community get their quota of meat and monetary proceeds from the hunting concession and trophy fees.

All in all a great experience to cherish for years to come.

IMG_4746.jpg
IMG_4801.JPG
IMG_4804.JPG
IMG_4823.jpg
IMG_4893.jpg
IMG_4911.jpg
E_L0768z-1-683x1024.jpg
PHOTO-2020-09-14-19-26-48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Outstanding!

375Fox

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Zambia, Namibia, South Africa
When was this hunt conducted? That is a great eland, I can’t imagine a better place for a true tracking hunt with real trackers.

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Well done, thanks for report and pictures.

Mort Hill

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zambia, Tanzania
Great summary of your hunt and the area. Thanks for sharing.

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Congrats for a great hunt !

Safari1

AH member
Reaction score
Congrats ..have they taken any elephants this year with the shutdown?

Uncle Sauce

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
GOA, RMGO, FRGC, SCI, DSC
Hunted
US: CO, ID, MT, NY, OR, VA, WA, WY
Great write up - Congrats!

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
Thanks for sharing!

I read about Kai Uwe Denker in "Ask the Namibian Outfitters" and he had quite a reputation for hunting elephants and clients taking 100 pounders every so often.

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Nice roan, thank you for sharing. Schalk is a gentleman that I hope to hunt with one day.

Rick Cox

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Armstrong Fish and Game Club
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, British Colombia Ca.
Well written write up, if a little Laconic... Very nice Eland!

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Thank you for sharing your story.

You have two great looking animals.

Philip Glass

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I’m sure you had a great hunt with Schalk.

DCH Hunting

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA
Hunted
Zim, SA, Nam, Bots, Canada, Germany, Moz, Tanzania,
We hunted toward the Middle of September 375Fox ( trot) ;);) and yes they have taken a very nice 82 lb bull about two weeks ago Safari1

daawg1963

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
sci and boone and crockett
Hunted
mexico africa ak id nm co or ca mt wa
1 Million Hectares ( 500 x 200km ) of unspoiled wilderness in the far East of Namibia against the Botswana border, that is the Nyae Naye Conservancy. Its an area seldom seen, seldom visited and wild. Nyae Naye borders on the Kaudom National Park in the North, Botswana in the East, millions of unfenced wilderness, only a handful of San hunter gatherers still inhabit this area as they had for thousands of years.

Naye Naye was hunted and managed by Mr Kai Uwe Denker in the early 2000's ( 2002 - 2011) and for the last 9 years by Mr Stephan Jacobs, ( SMJ Safaris.com ). Stephan, is a remarkable hunter and conservationist. In 2019 Mr Jacobs won the CIC Edmond Blanc Conservation Award (www.cic-wildlife.org). During the ceremony of the 66th General Assembly, the Edmond Blanc Prize was given to the Nyae Nyae Conservancy, its people and Mr Jacobs. This honour and recognition was awarded to Mr Jacobs for his work as a Professional Hunter within the conservancy. Highlighted was the changes made since 2012, in the Conservancy, with particular mention of the use of designated areas specifically for the purposes of hunting and sustainable use of Wildlife. Nyae Nyae’s dedication to the use of modern hunting practices, and their adoption of hunting regulations, quotas and the re-investment of funds into the conservancy to create water points, meat distribution etc, was applauded. Naye Naye was known for 100 lb elephant and it still is!! The average weight of tusks are 75lb (each) for the last three years, with a few in the 90lb plus range.

We did not hunt elephant, but saw massive old elephant bulls with huge ivory. We came for its wildness, remoteness, true African hunting and was not disappointed.

Our party consisted of my son and I, as well as my good friend - Mr Schalk Pienaar. We were after Eland, Kudu, Springbuck and Roan -- All of them wild in this massive tract of land. We were hunting on foot with the legendary Bushman or San trackers -- the only way to really hunt African Game in my opinion. Get the spoor ( tracks ) and follow into the bush!!
Schalck and I were very excited to hunt Roan, it's one of the few places in Africa where you can hunt Southern Roan in the wild.

Our camp is built next to a massive Boabab tree, rumoured to be a 1000 years old, if you think it grows 10 feet in diameter every 100 years, it might well be!! -- See the pics!
Robert, Stephan's R hand man, is cook, camp manager, fixer of all things broken and treated us with great food in the Bush Tradition, keeping the operation in this vast area ticking over without a hitch.
Accommodation is in Meeru Style Safari tents, en-suite washing and shower facilities, with a central dining area set under the Old Boabab.

Our routine was simple, up at 06:00, breakfast, and out into the bush to return only after dark -- hunting, pure and simple.

We tracked a huge Eland bull for about 5km, in the heat of the day, found it, shot, with a nice 40m out of hand shot using a Red Dot sight.
We tracked beautiful roan bulls for km's in the bush, some got away, but we got ours with long shots, they are very awake antelope!! Often standing dead still in the shadow of a bush looking back at its pursuers and running at the first sign of danger.

Great care was taken with our trophies and the meat was distributed to the San villages on a rota basis, each village and small community get their quota of meat and monetary proceeds from the hunting concession and trophy fees.

View attachment 371064View attachment 371066View attachment 371067View attachment 371068View attachment 371069View attachment 371070View attachment 371071View attachment 371072
ehhh mman its an awesome place - but indeed sir the zambezi valley down stream a paice is

View attachment 371064View attachment 371066View attachment 371067View attachment 371068View attachment 371069View attachment 371070View attachment 371071View attachment 371072
Ayyy man indeed that a awesome place - been there for a day er too on some , i say down stream a piece the great Zambezi valley is the place it was 500 ago soooclose

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouisEchev

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J