NAMIBIA: Namibia's "Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris"

Great report @Velo Dog . A friend of mine and I have been following you and your son's reports. We are planning a Namibia hunt for 2019 (maybe 2020) and have reached out to Philip already as we narrow down our choices based a lot on these two reports. You guys seem to hunt and enjoy yourselves a lot the same way we do and Philip'soutfit looks like a good fit.
Thanks for letting us follow along on a great hunt with your son and friend.

Hi MAdcox,

I hope you and your friend get the chance to hunt in those mountains.
Philip and his crew will bust their boots working for you guys.

Cheers,
Paul.

Great report on your hunt Paul. I returned home yesterday from the Khomas Hochland and I will have a hard time keeping folk as entertained as you.

Thanks Adrian,

I appreciate your kind words.
And, I appreciated your taking the extra time to answer my salvo of questions, back when I was just beginning to look closely at Philip's safari company.
No doubt your report will attract more readers and be of greater value to same than mine was, because you do not ramble-on forever, while telling your story.
Unfortunately, I'm the kind of person who, when asked - "What time is it ?", three days later I'm still telling them how to build a clock.

Best regards,
Paul.

Great report Dad. I’m glad to see you guys still had fun even after your clown of a son had to leave the party

Thanks Homey,

And if you're a clown, I'm a circus freak.

Out,
Daddyo.

Clowns or freaks asside, you are both excellent story tellers and that harks back to the days when the one would regale the other hunters/tribe/family etc with tales of the days exploits with the apreciation being for the way it was told as much as for what was told.

Great report and what you call rambling I call details and details are what make a story great well done and thanks for taking us along.
So keep rambling on the more I read the more incentive I have to get it done myself.
Shawn

Thanks for the review, I enjoyed it immensely with the detail that you call ramblings. I find this style of writing is most enjoyable.

Cheers bushy

very sad to see this report end. it was like reading an old safari story . what a great trip

Don’t know how I missed this report. Great! Congratulations on some fine trophies. Great pictures. Man I miss hunting in Namibia, I literally squirm in my seat wanting to go back as I see the pictures.

Don’t know how I missed this report. Great! Congratulations on some fine trophies. Great pictures. Man I miss hunting in Namibia, I literally squirm in my seat wanting to go back as I see the pictures.

Hello johnnyblues,

Thank You and me too, still suffering from Namibia withdrawal.
Making me squirm even more - Philip just returned from guiding a buffalo and hippo hunt in the Zambezi Region of Namibia.
He plans to post video of same (soon as the scenes pass inspection and a green light is received).
Likewise, my crate of critters should be arriving here within a month or so.
After the holidays and after sorting the new mementos on my walls, I plan to host a Hunter’s Party, with the usual suspects invited.
I will see to it some photos of the taxidermy and the party are posted.

Cheers,
Velo Paul.

Thank you for a great report. I also enjoy you style of writing. I think you should consider writing a book. I seem to be addicted to the same Namibia disease that is running rampant in these pages. I hunted in the Kalahari and Hochland on my trip in April. It is a magnificent place. Thanks again for your story. Please go back hunting soon so we can get another report. Guten Abend

Just finished your very enjoyable report. Congratulations on a great hunt! Not everyone has the ability to articulate their experience the way you have, thanks for an entertaining report. Khomas HH Safaris, sounds like a great outfit I would enjoy hunting with.

Great report, and thank you for the obvious effort and skill you put into your writing.
A very very enjoyable read!
regards
Pat

Somewhat late to the party, but I agree with all the others. Fantastic storytelling around what must have been a most memorable hunt.

I was told the same thing about Johannesburg but not until it was too late. Just based on what I experienced, I would avoid Johannesburg but even more so I would avoid British Airways and Com Air

• Sorry to disappoint most of you, but I have been thru Joberg at least 25 times, and have had little or no poor experiences.
  • or it could be because I always use www.hunterssupport.com as they just seem to get us thru there like a charm.

Glad to hear of your extreme high luck. I can’t even pernounce Johannesburg 25 times non the less to travel through it with hunting gear 25 times.
Just curious, did you bring firearms or archery equipment through each time? If so, I’m curious just what exactly hunterssupport.com did for you. I couldn’t even get an airport employee to even smile at me non the less tell me the truth.
However, even though every time I was told that my luggage got on the next plane or “we’re bringing it to the lodge when it arrives” was just another slap in the face with a heavy bag of lies, I’m glad you have had such a great amount of success in an airport employed by some of the laziest people I’ve ever come across. In fact, I think you should play the lottery.
Hopefully you do not work for or are related to anyone with hunterssupport.com.

Either way thanks for the info,
DL

Hello johnnyblues,

Thank You and me too, still suffering from Namibia withdrawal.
Making me squirm even more - Philip just returned from guiding a buffalo and hippo hunt in the Zambezi Region of Namibia.
He plans to post video of same (soon as the scenes pass inspection and a green light is received).
Likewise, my crate of critters should be arriving here within a month or so.
After the holidays and after sorting the new mementos on my walls, I plan to host a Hunter’s Party, with the usual suspects invited.
I will see to it some photos of the taxidermy and the party are posted.

Cheers,
Velo Paul.

Greetings all,

After much delay, my crates have finally arrived, here in Alaska.
Shipping to Alaska is always expensive and dodgy.
Better late than never I guess.
Over the next few days I will have everything carefully unpacked and placed on the walls.
Then, photos etc. to follow.

Cheers,
Paul.

PS:
For those abiding within striking distance of Anchorage, you’d better limber up your party duds, because sometime within the next month or two, there’ll be a man cave party here in the Safari Bar (my basement).

“Velo Dog’s Safari Bar, proudly serving whatever you bring”.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg