NAMIBIA: My First Plains Game Hunt With Eintracht Jagd Safaris

Great report! Took some fantastic trophies!! Maybe i missed it but how many day were you with pieter? Im planning a 2020 trip with him now!
I was there around 12 days , Peter was very accommodating in regards to when I could get the best flight deal, and told me no worries about an extra day or three.

Not a day goes by without me thinking about that hunt. My trophies are back in Canada being fumigated, so should.be ready for pick up soon .

I cannot wait to go back. Africa is a special place that gets into your soul and creates a yearning to return.

The hunt for the elusive Kudu was still ongoing. We were still seeing cows and small bulls but not what Pieter wanted to see. His brother Francios had contacted him about a very nice bull he had seen on the previous day so we were off to see if we could locate it.

With only a few hours of daylight left my hopes were still high, if anyone could find it Pieter could. All of a sudden four kudu bulls were in view and my heart lept into my throat. Small bulls he says, what the heck is he talking about , the look huge I thought. He assured me they were too young even though the horns.looked nice so.we.kept searching. We scared up some more kudu cows, a small bull and found a nice bull taken by rabies. It is so sad rabies are.taking so many of those magnificent animals.

We were getting down to the end of.daylight when movement behind where we were caught my eye, I turned a bit and WOW. I am not one to judge a trophy but man this kudu looked big, I tapped Pieter who Immediately set up the sticks, you must shoot it now he said. Good grief I was nervous, the kudu was facing me now at approx 150 meters or.maybe 200 , it looked huge . I steadied the rifle squeezed the trigger. Boom, you missed Pieter said. And the Kudu was off like lightning, I didn't have time to be flustered , i reloaded as.fast as I have ever had and kept following it in my scope, I shot again and it went down. Reloaded and looked and it's.head was still up but not trying to get up. Pieter got.me a bit closer and I fired a.finisher into it's neck from 100 meters or so. It went still and I was so relieved.

When we walked up it looked bigger than it did in my scope. My dream Kudu bull was at my feet!! Words can't describe how happy I was and for once I was quite speechless.

View attachment 222369 View attachment 222370 View attachment 222371
Nice bull!

just ran across this thread again, hadn't seen it since it was finished. have to say that kudu is spectacular!
not just the awesome horns but that hide is gorgeous, congratulations!!!

Your shooting is fantastic. What sort of preparation did you do? Congratulations on a magnificent hunt.

Rburg you will have such a great time. I couldn't imagine a better hunt !

Kevin everything about that kudu exceeded anything I hoped for , it was magnificent.

Gesch I enjoy shooting , and was very comfortable with my 375.

I think familiarity with the rifle , good bullets and a PH that knows your limitations and has trust in you to.make the shot goes a long way. Peter made sure I was comfortable with the shots he offered, and had no problem getting closer if I said I wasn't quite sure of the shot.

The red hartebeest he got me into a nice position, but I could not get comfortable for a sure shot. We sneaked closer, set up the sticks and it was a very easy shot.

I think a good PH will do his best to make it the easiest for his client, almost all the credit for good shooting should go to Peter. He got me into position, I just had to squeeze the trigger.

Late to the party but you did a great job on the report! Excellent trophies and congratulations!

I’ve placed Eintracht Jagd Safaris very high on my list of Namibian outfitters based upon this report.

I just found this thread, like the others, not sure how I missed it. Sure enjoyed reading the stories and viewing the pictures. Great trophies for sure, congratulations. Looks like some beautiful country, great accommodations, and outstanding hospitality.

@machinistbutler saw that you flew into Addis Ababa does that mean you flew ethiopian airways? What did you think about them? Saw the quick gun check but how do you feel about the overall experience? Thinking they are the route im gonna try this go around...

The hunt for the elusive Kudu was still ongoing. We were still seeing cows and small bulls but not what Pieter wanted to see. His brother Francios had contacted him about a very nice bull he had seen on the previous day so we were off to see if we could locate it.

With only a few hours of daylight left my hopes were still high, if anyone could find it Pieter could. All of a sudden four kudu bulls were in view and my heart lept into my throat. Small bulls he says, what the heck is he talking about , the look huge I thought. He assured me they were too young even though the horns.looked nice so.we.kept searching. We scared up some more kudu cows, a small bull and found a nice bull taken by rabies. It is so sad rabies are.taking so many of those magnificent animals.

We were getting down to the end of.daylight when movement behind where we were caught my eye, I turned a bit and WOW. I am not one to judge a trophy but man this kudu looked big, I tapped Pieter who Immediately set up the sticks, you must shoot it now he said. Good grief I was nervous, the kudu was facing me now at approx 150 meters or.maybe 200 , it looked huge . I steadied the rifle squeezed the trigger. Boom, you missed Pieter said. And the Kudu was off like lightning, I didn't have time to be flustered , i reloaded as.fast as I have ever had and kept following it in my scope, I shot again and it went down. Reloaded and looked and it's.head was still up but not trying to get up. Pieter got.me a bit closer and I fired a.finisher into it's neck from 100 meters or so. It went still and I was so relieved.

When we walked up it looked bigger than it did in my scope. My dream Kudu bull was at my feet!! Words can't describe how happy I was and for once I was quite speechless.

View attachment 222369 View attachment 222370 View attachment 222371
What a cracking kudu mate what size did he go

I know this is old but I just came across this report only now. Great hunt, great trophies and excellent report. Thank you and congrats!

Want to go back so bad!! Love all these hunt reports on here , but there is truly nothing like being there.

I got goosebumps at the pictures from @CAustin Leopard hunt from this year!

Thanks for your comment @Milan and glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks, I want to return and hunt with Pieter again, he is an outstanding PH, for both rifle and bow hunters. I highly recommend him and his operation. He will put you on the animals you have on your hit list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.