Namibia moves to 72 hour Covid test

Areaonereal

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Anyone aware of terminology of Namibia changing requirement for Covid PCR test must be no more than 72 hours old upon entry. Nearly impossible to get test wait for results and begin travel to arrive in Namibia in less than 72 hours….any information if this is the case.

I’m not aware but 72 hours on entry isn’t impossible. There are a lot of same day PCR results now if you search the places out that will provide it. I travel frequently for work and in Pittsburgh airport the sign says 30 min accelerated PCR test then there are advertisements there for two other same day PCR test results. Just need to research where. Then there is always covid consultants mail in test.

This new requirement is making mine and lots of others trips very close to the wire if not impossible. I have to overnight in JoBurg and that adds almost 24 hours. I see nothing about same day test results at O'hare except for the rapid test. My local hospital takes overnight to receive results but I can't do that and make my flight in Chicago.

I'm going to make some calls to O'hare to get some more information.

I'm going to chat with Debbie Gracy later today about all of this. I will report back with what I learn.

Well I'm not sure I'm encouraged by my conversation over the phone even though she assures me that things will be fine.

The call started out with two people having a different conversation. Debbie wasn't fully aware of Namibia's newest guidelines on entry and covid tests. According to her reading and the sense she could make of it, you do indeed need to have a test and negative result within 72 hours of entry into Namibia. RSA is still 72 hours prior to departure from home country so in my case I will get my test on the 2nd and results, according to my hospital, on the 3rd and fly out on the 4th and arrive in RSA on the 5th. In order to meet Namibia's requirements I would need a test midday on the 3rd and hope that results came back before my 12:55pm departure on the 4th. I don't really trust that that would happen and I would have to have it done in Chicago which would mean finding a reputable site long distance. The alternative that we are looking at is to get a test in RSA when I arrive which would easily meet Namibia's time table.

One thing I do remember reading last night is that these new requirements were referred to as effective from Aug. 1-Aug. 14. So for all we know things will change once again. We can only pray that they will go back to what they had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinfredFin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!