Namibia Maltahöhe - Culling Hunt

ofbiro

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
RSA Namibia
A couple of friends of mine are planning a "culling hunt" in Maltahoehe (Namibia).

The agency is sound (we already hunted with them), however I would be grateful to the forum colleagues for suggestions and advice. The proposed plan, ten heads (orix,sprinbuck, hartebeest) per hunter, seems to me a bit optimistic for 7 days. Am I wrong?
Thanks in advance

Never been hunting in Namibia, but 10 heads of culling seems very much doable in 7 days.

Enjoy!

//Gus

Go for it, been there done that...like Gus said it is very doable in 7 days..

And besides...Namibia is presently one of the most hunter friendly states in Africa..no hazzle, non-corrupt police, etc. Windhoek is also nice to visit..

Go for it. If not ten it will be close!

Culling 10 should be achievable in 7 days

I've done that very thing, 10 animal culls in 7 days, 3 times in Namibia. It is a game rich environment. Enjoy!

You are going to be culling, not trophy hunting. It multiplies the opportunity to shoot exponentially. Certainly, if they are reducing females, young males and broken horned males.
Certainly feasible, if you are hunting 1x1.

Good luck with your hunt.

Hi Ofbiro,
Namibia is definitely a game rich environment and you will have a wonderful time in Namibia.
My one question would be, how many are you in the group? And how many PH's will there be?
10 animals in 7 days is doable! But just make sure that two hunters aren't stuck with one PH, then 20 animals in 7 days might be a challenge... Also just double check whether it will be a walk-and-stalk hunt, rather than blasting animals from the bakkie (hunting vehicle), since that's what some outfitters do with cull hunts. Just make sure that the outfitter knows your expectations, which in turn will prevent disappointments.
My best,
Jacques

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.