Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Life Member DSC and SCI
Hunted
RSA East Cape 3X, NW Province, Mozambique, NZ 2X, Namibia 2X, Mongolia
March 13, 2020 I left for WDH and made it to FRA and was sent back home. The virus was beginning to rear its head. So tomorrow I’ll be making another run at it. Same airlines, same flight route. DFW-FRA-WDH, Lufthansa. I don’t remember how Phillip’s internet service was in Highlands, but I’ll try and post as able. Can’t believe that was 19 months ago.

Good luck and safe travels!!

Good luck!! So many people hunting with Khomas!

March 13, 2020 I left for WDH and made it to FRA and was sent back home. The virus was beginning to rear its head. So tomorrow I’ll be making another run at it. Same airlines, same flight route. DFW-FRA-WDH, Lufthansa. I don’t remember how Phillip’s internet service was in Highlands, but I’ll try and post as able. Can’t believe that was 19 months ago.
Best wishes for a great hunt!

Have a safe trip and enjoy the hunt.

Phillip has good internet service. I was there last month. Seen a leopard too!

Oh am I looking forward to reading another leopard hunt! Here’s wishing you the same excellent luck everyone else has had!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks for the well wishes and support. Jumping thru all the modern day hurdles is a chore itself. We’ll see how it goes. I have a lot of confidence in Phillip and Ralph. As I mentioned previously, I’d hate to be a leopard and have them trying to kill me!!

Best of luck, looking forward to the report!

Best of luck on the hunt. Chasing cats with those 2 gentlemen is gonna be a blast!
Anxiously waiting some updates.

Hello Hutch01,

Up in the Khomas Hochland Highlands, as you no doubt already know, the leopards are many but the permits are few.
And so, the rest of us will be waiting with great anticipation to hear details from you.

Philip was born and raised in those mountains, as was Isaac, his top PH.
And so, they both know their local leopards behavior extremely well.
Tell them that I will be skidding sideways at Heusis Lodge in a few weeks and will raise yet one more glass to your, by then well bagged leopard.

Do have a wonderful hunt.
We know you will shoot straight when the moment of truth arrives.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Best of luck on your leopard! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Hello Hutch01,

Up in the Khomas Hochland Highlands, as you no doubt already know, the leopards are many but the permits are few.
And so, the rest of us will be waiting with great anticipation to hear details from you.

Philip was born and raised in those mountains, as was Isaac, his top PH.
And so, they both know their local leopards behavior extremely well.
Tell them that I will be skidding sideways at Heusis Lodge in a few weeks and will raise yet one more glass to your, by then well bagged leopard.

Do have a wonderful hunt.
We know you will shoot straight when the moment of truth arrives.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
Velo Dog- Wish you were in camp during my visit. Maybe I’ll meet you someday. Yes, I agree. As I understand it, each ranch gets One leopard tag per year. After my experience, each ranch should get 3-4 tags per year. No joke! Hutch01

I agree in that I too wish I could’ve been in camp to meet you as well.
We would have much to discuss on hunting topics and such.
Also, I agree with you that there seems to be more than enough leopards up in the Khomas Hochland area.
A few more permits for same would make a lot of antelopes, warthogs and domestic animals happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!