NAMIBIA: Leopard Baiting Hunt With Shona Hunting Adventures

I had a short conversation with your brother this evening. Between the conversation and your report, I can see you both had a very well deserved good time. Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a great time. I could see doing this type of hunt. How many zebras did you wind up killing for bait? Congrats
Bruce

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you had a great time. I could see doing this type of hunt. How many zebras did you wind up killing for bait? Congrats
Bruce
My brother and I each took a gemsbok and a zebra. Early in the hunt, we didn’t need much bait as they weren’t getting hit nightly. Once they started, the need went up quickly. I understand they can consume 10-15% of their body weight at one sitting. I felt like I came close to that once at a Brazilian steak house...

Thanks for the entertaining and informative report! I hunted with Johann in October 2019. A very good hunt even though the animals and the local people were under a lot of stress from a severe drought. Rain has since made a huge difference and the forage and game animals are looking good again. It's wonderful and amazing how the countryside has recovered. Shona hunting adventures is a well run outfit and Johann is a very good PH. Your report makes me want to go back!

This was a great hunt with a couple of real gentleman. Thank you for the detailed report guys, looking forward doing it again next year.
It is the perfect hunt for someone on a low budget that would like to learn a little bit more about the behind the scenes workings of a leopard hunt.

Thanks Johann. Hope to see in 2022.

Hi Joe
David will be posting his report soon, he just have some home renovations keeping him occupied.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg