Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, Several local Sporting Clubs
Hunted
New Brunswick. South Africa, Namibia, Texas, Oklahoma
What's going on in Namibia?
I have friends that live and runs a hunting and cattle farm east of Windhoek and there is a meeting in September about Land Reform that they have told us about. They are scared that they are going to lose the use of their land, possibly even have it taken away from them.

Is Namibia heading in the same direction as some of the other countries in Africa, take away the land from the owners and give it to the locals. It hasn't seemed to work anywhere else, why would they think it would work here.

I enjoy hunting in Namibia, I wish that it would stay the same.

Namibia is one of the most stable countries in Africa.
Chicken Little Wallpapers.jpg

If its one of the most stable countries, why did its President Geingob go to Zimbabwe to talk to his mentor, President Mugabe about land reform. Land reform has worked real well in that country. All I know is that my friends are really worried about this.

Well, if land reform takes the same road as Zimbabwe then they will reap what they sow.

As everyone knows zimbabwe land reform did not
Work, but stable we have had the same president & govt. for 37 years how many countries can say that?

Work, but stable we have had the same president & govt. for 37 years how many countries can say that?

Any free elections without threat of violence?

The UK has some chick as a head of state that appears to have that beat.

37 years of Mugabe ?
And the country is bankrupt ?
Love stable governments !!!!
Yea Right !!

Keep us posted on the outcome of the meeting in September, it will be of interest for most all of us here.

And this is a good thing???????

Any free elections without threat of violence?

The UK has some chick as a head of state that appears to have that beat.
Since Elizabeth became Queen in 1952 (coronated in June of 1953), that makes her Queen for 65 years, so yeah, way longer than ol whats-his-name.

I sure don't want to be defending Uncle Bob, but I wouldn't use our unelected, undemocrtic Queen as an example to follow, as nice as she may seem.

I sure don't want to be defending Uncle Bob, but I wouldn't use our unelected, undemocrtic Queen as an example to follow, as nice as she may seem.
Well, the UK is a monarchy. I think you could do a lot worse than QE.

YOU can have a stable government and a president in power for a long time as has Zim if you kill or place in prison all of your opposition, then you can stay in power and line your pockets while the country falls apart.

What's going on in Namibia?
I have friends that live and runs a hunting and cattle farm east of Windhoek and there is a meeting in September about Land Reform that they have told us about. They are scared that they are going to lose the use of their land, possibly even have it taken away from them.

Is Namibia heading in the same direction as some of the other countries in Africa, take away the land from the owners and give it to the locals. It hasn't seemed to work anywhere else, why would they think it would work here.

I enjoy hunting in Namibia, I wish that it would stay the same.

My friends in the south of Namibia have all expanded their land holdings and do not seem afraid of land reforms. That said Africa can change quickly. They have tried land reforms and the people just ruin the farms and then there is nothing for anyone, the government has seen this happen and to date have not pursued these reforms.
Philip

It is my understanding, that when ranches come up for sale outside family ownership, the Namibian government essentially has first right of refusal. Over the years, they have bought up a number of them and sub-divided them into smaller holdings for black farmers. The results have not been, shall we say, universally successful. However, the demand continues. Were I a minority land owner anywhere in sub-Saharan Africa I would always be nervous.

Hi guys,

any news on this matter? :)
Thank you
Renzo

The Land Reform Conference has been placed on hold for a year.

its stable and a save country for tourists.Say want you want ,its true.
We have friends ,development aid workers in Mozambique,the make holidays in Zimbabwe,because Moz isn't save enough.
We must not use our western standards in Africa (a permanent suffering from us)
In Africa you can only choose between bad and worse.
Foxi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!