AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Hi everyone, don't post a lot here but enjoy it a lot. Some of the reports you guys put up remind me of my (too few) trips to the African continent so I thought I'd better put up a brief report of a fabulous trip we had with the Strauss family and their crew at Kowas that we undertook this time last year.......
I took along my wife, Lauren, for her second trip to Africa and a good friend blacks from here, who was good enough to post his hunt report of this hunt in the same year it happened, and his wonderful wife Nikki for their first taste of African hunting.
We chose Namibia and more directly Kowas as they had the plainsgame we were after and Namibia was a very safe destination traveling with our wives. I also wanted blacks and Nikki to have a most enjoyable and memorable trip for their first...... We must have succeeded as before we left to come home, plans were well underway for a return trip.
I took along my Model 70 in 9.3X62 loaded with Woodleigh 286gr RNSP's and mounted up with a Leica 1-6.3 scope. I was most happy with my shooting for the trip with only one nasty little warthog requiring a follow up shot. My eland was an epic hunt in hilly, sandy, sometimes rocky and very windy hunt in which we were expected to NOT be successful..... I also took very good duiker, oryx bull & cow, mountain zebra, steenbok, jackal, heartebeest and springbuck. All terrific trophies and great hunts..... I loved this place as did the rest of our crew.
Kowas..... Thank you very much.

IMG_2235_zpsv8jcedx2.jpg
IMG_2006_zps55coxlif.jpg
IMG_1903_zpslpqgh8te.jpg
IMG_1857_zpsevwqqpqj.jpg
IMG_1850.JPG
IMG_1836.JPG
IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_1812_zpsvsus5xue.jpg
20160518_073358.jpg
20160514_113837_zpsppw926cn.jpg
20160513_085125_zpsptdvlif1.jpg
20160510_085227_004_zpsqffaaeh8.jpg
26.JPG
18.JPG
15.JPG
14.JPG
4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow- some great trophies. Especially the oryx bull. How long did he measure?

Thanks for sharing! Some nice trophies there!

Looks like beautiful country. What are the taxidermy plans for the jackal?

Congrats sir, and great animals

Great trophies, thanks for sharing

Looks like Kowas did you proud. Nice looking trophies. Congrats. Bruce

I believe you almost got Mattheius to smile in the picture. To hunt with him is a great story in itself. Congratulations on your trip.:)

Fine trophies, but I am most jealous of the jackals! Looks like it was great fun!
Congratulations!

Whoops, some of the pics doubled up....

That duiker is a great trophy...

Wow- some great trophies. Especially the oryx bull. How long did he measure?

Right on 38", very nice bull.

Looks like beautiful country. What are the taxidermy plans for the jackal?

Full mounted jackal.

Whoops, some of the pics doubled up....

That duiker is a great trophy...

Right on 38", very nice bull.

Full mounted jackal.
Wow - a 38" male Gemsbok is a whopper of a trophy. The PH was likely wild when he realized it was a bull.

Wow - a 38" male Gemsbok is a whopper of a trophy. The PH was likely wild when he realized it was a bull.

We were only hunting for a good bull.... Not a long oryx ;)

All great animals but the duiker was probably the trophy of the trip as far as quality for species goes....

Cheers,
Mark.

You got some nice trophies Mark. Congrats!

Very good quality trophies. Congratulations to you and Kowas!

Thanks for the report.

Great looking trophies!

Great trophies! Wonderful memories and great experiences! I love the photos!

Mark, have you wiped the smile of your face yet? Mind you I would still be smiling.

Well done on a great trip.

Smile is gone Greg. Replaced next time we are in Africa again....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg