Africa
Member of
DSC Life Member
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Georgia
PH’s: Jacques, Matheus
Trackers: Joseph, Michael

IMG_7011.jpg

This hunting trip has been 4 years in the making. @MAdcox and I started reviewing and talking with PH’s in 2017. Met with Kowas at DSC in January, 2018. Booked safari for June 2019 shortly after. THEN - Mickey entered a drawing on AfricaHunting.com and won a free hunt that needed to be taken in 2019. (Why would you enter a drawing for a hunt when you know you are already going on a hunt??? Why???) Mickey called me while I was in the Emergency Room suffering from pancreatitis to break the "GOOD" news and ask if we could push our trip out a year. As a result, we postponed our safari with Kowas to May 2020. Then Covid happened. We pushed out again to September 2020 and then ultimately to September 2021. When Mickey tells the story he says I was very gracious and accommodating. I told Mickey, had I known how long we ultimately would have to postpone, I might not have been so quick to agree!

At any rate... Finally the dates have arrived and we are on our way!

Days 1, 2 & 3; Fri, Sat, Sun (Travel Days)

Namibia requires a negative Covid-19 test collected within 72 hours of arriving in country. This was proving to be a bit of a logistical challenge due to flight times and lay-overs (Norman to DFW - Doha - Joberg - Windhoek). As a result, Mickey picks me up at 7:30 a.m. and we head to OKC where we found a testing center and for a not so small fee we get a PCR test with results back in an hour. Tests are taken and negative results obtained. We head south towards DFW.

Stop and eat with Mickey’s wife in Ardmore, OK and she printed off multiple copies of our negative test results so we would have them on the trip.

Arrived at the terminal and started what would be a trend on this trip. We parked as far away as we possibly could from the place we needed to go, while still being at the right terminal. So backpack on, check bag and gun case in tow, off we go!

Travel was uneventful but long. Qatar was great. Food was good. Planes were only half full so plenty of room to spread out. Guns were checked all way to Windhoek but we did have a little hiccup in Joberg. But nothing we couldn't get straightened out. Everything arrived in Windhoek AND I did get to see the world’s largest teddy bear in Doha…

IMG_6711.jpg

On Sunday we finally arrive at the Windhoek airport and are picked up by Ansie. So nice to finally meet the person we have been corresponding with for the last three years. We also met Ms. Elizabeth, who would turn out to be one incredible camp chef!

After arriving at camp, we say hi to Jacques and Ellini, who we know from the DSC convention, and then get to meet Danie, Mathues and Joshua! What a treat, Danie entertained us all week with history and stories while we also were able to experience Joshua learning to walk and giving high 5's! After cleaning up a bit and having some refreshments, we head to the range to make sure the rifles are still sighted in. I brought with me a Kimber SuperAmerica 300 Winmag with handloaded Barnes 180 gr. TTSX and a Kimber Caprivi 375 H&H Mag. with hand loaded Swift 300gr A-Frames. Both rifles survived the trip well and were shooting on target.

Day 4; Mon, Sep 27th (First Hunting Day)

As Mickey stated in his hunt report we actually hunted together quite a bit. Hunting with a buddy can be very fun and I think I can safely speak for both of us when I say we were just as excited about the other’s trophies as we were about our own! When Mickey is hunting I’ll simply refer you to his hunt report because I know my description will pale in comparison… except for maybe a few small details I feel I may need to expound upon… LOL

First stalk of the morning was a large Steenbuck that Jacque and Matheus had spotted before we arrived. When asked who would be up first, I knew it had to be Mickey. My African dreams only started in 2017 when my father-in-law bought a group hunt to Limpopo and invited my wife and I along on a "once-in-a-lifetime" trip. Now since that time Africa has never been far from my thoughts. However, Mickey has dreamed of Africa and Namibia specifically for years. He even had a hunt booked in Namibia that he didn’t get to take way back because God had different plans for him and his family at the time. Mickey was going to fire the first shots in Namibia.

Well, needless to say Mickey did fire the first shot… and the second. Steenbuck down and it was a good one!

The terrain where we hunted varied from small mountains, to brushy/thorny areas, to savannahs and pastures. And it was all beautiful! Regardless of where we were hunting though, I was amazed at Jacques and Matheus ability to spot game. They spotted game with the naked eye that I needed binoculars to see. Then with binoculars they could accurately judge age and size when I struggled to tell male from female! Anyway, Matheus spotted a herd of mountain zebra well over a mile away. We bale off the truck, pull the rifle from the cab, load it and start my first stalk of the trip. Mickey following close behind with his rifle since Mountain Zebra was on his list too. We thought we might get a double and could pose them nose to nose.

Wind wasn’t great as it was mostly cross while slightly towards the zebra. There was also some springbuck that we needed to avoid on the way. Matheus led the stalk and walked us in a way that kept us out of view and our wind away from the zebra while also avoiding any extra eyes. After getting close and looking at the herd for a few minutes he found the stallion. The sticks went up and from about 80 yards I put the 300 winmag right on the shoulder. He made it about 40 yards before going down. A beautiful big stallion.

IMG_1141.jpg
IMG_6729.jpg

After the shot the herd moved off pretty fast and we were unable to follow-up with Mickey. After taking some photos and loading the Zebra we head back to camp for some lunch after a successful morning for both Mickey and myself.

After lunch Mickey and I split up. Him and Matheus go looking for Eland while Jacques and I go looking for Hartebeest or Oryx. We drive to a property about 20 minutes away and driving in it is open savannah with a few bushes and small trees. Everywhere you look there are springbuck! Mickey and I hunted pronghorn in New Mexico last year. Reminded me of that a lot! We head to a ridge and began to glass the grassland below. It wasn’t long before Jacques spotted a lone red hartebeest bull and a lone oryx bull. He thought the Oryx was a better animal and so off we went on the stalk. Down a mountain and into the grass with numerous thorny bushes throughout. Occasionally Jacques would look back a the ridge to make sure we were heading in the right direction. After about 45 minutes we slowed way down. Jacques had been unable to spot the oryx since we left the ridge. Meaning he either bugged out while we weren’t looking or he was laying in a shady spot. And here is where I started to learn the biggest difference in how these guys hunt verses how I hunt at home… PATIENCE! We crept so slow for so long I was sure there was nothing there. I would have packed it in and went to look for something else. But Jacques kept going, reminding me occasionally to be still and not to whisper so loud when I had a question. And then as we came around a set of bushes, there he was, laying in the shade about 60 yards away. He had no idea we were there. Jacques put up the sticks and told me to be ready and shoot fast when he stands up. I readied myself, Jacques gave a yell, the oryx stood up and I shot. He ran about 50 yards before going down. An awesome old oryx bull! If you look closely you can see the Barnes coming out the opposite shoulder.

IMG_6748.jpg
IMG_6764.jpg
IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg

We arrive back at camp to find Mickey had taken a great old mountain zebra stallion. What a first day! We saw giraffe, blue wildebeest, impala, steenbuck, springbuck, red hartebeest, duiker, eland, jackal, secretary bird, warthog, bat eared foxes, and a few more I’m sure I’m forgetting.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Why would you enter a drawing for a hunt when you know you are already going on a hunt??? Why???) Mickey called me while I was in the Emergency Room suffering from pancreatitis to break the "GOOD" news and ask if we could push our trip out a year.
:E Happy::E Lol:

Day 5 – Tues, Sep 28th

Mickey and I split up again today. He went with Matheus looking for eland again while Jacques, Joseph and I took pack lunches and headed out after kudu with the plan to stay out all day if necessary. We head to a property about 30 minutes away and immediately go to the top of one of the bigger mountains there and start glassing.

This is my 2nd trip to Africa and I do have a kudu from my first trip. However, it is a case of if I knew then what I know now I most likely would not have taken it. While beautiful in shape, it is small and was still quite young. On top of that we hunted it at the end of the safari on a fairly small property in Limpopo. My biggest desire for this trip was to actually be required to hunt and hunt hard. And that we did! I was not disappointed the entire week. We climbed hills and mountains, we glassed, we stalked, and we saw a lot of game. And a day where I never even got on the sticks was one of the best hunting days I have ever enjoyed. The highlight was stopping for lunch in a valley between two mountains and watching the mountain zebra about halfway up try and figure out what to do about us. They didn’t like us there but they didn’t want to leave. It was a blast just to watch them.

We get back to camp and I am exhausted. I learn that Mickey got his eland but it already went to the skinning shed. I did see pictures and later in the week we went back there and looked at his horns. What an amazing animal. All in all another great day in Africa!

IMG_6779.jpg
IMG_6777.jpg

Day 6 – Wed, Sep 29th

Back hunting with Mickey today and we head to the property where I saw all the springbuck and shot my oryx. This time we go to a completely different area though. We are looking for springbuck or hartebeest and I tell Mickey about how many springbuck I saw two days ago. Well, needless to say, I’m not sure we saw any springbuck that morning…

We get to a windmill and Jacques goes up to have a look around. I climbed a windmill or two in New Mexico last year hunting pronghorn and being a little afraid of high places, I went up to where I felt I could see pretty well (maybe a 1/3 of the way up). Jacques goes all the way to the top. And it’s not long before he spots a good hartebeest bull. Since I didn’t pull the trigger the day before I am up first. Off we go with Matheus leading the way. (Sidenote: Mickey and I watched a mongoose while we waited for Jacques to spot something from the windmill. Very cool.)

Just as we are getting within range of this old hartebeest bull (even I can see him now) we stumble through a flock of sand grouse… Is it just me or does every bird in Africa feel the need to make an awful racket when they fly off. Everything within a two mile radius now knew we were there. I did manage to get on the sticks once but never had a shot as the hartebeest moved off quick.

We head back to the windmill and from there and go to another rocky hill to climb and start glassing again. From here we see warthogs, springbuck, oryx and finally a hartebeest. Off we go, Matheus leading the way. (Sidenote: While on top of this hill we had two porcupine join us. Very cool.)

This hartebeest is moving and quartering away from us. Matheus takes off at a brisk walk for him. A jog for me! I get on the sticks a couple of different times but the hartebeest is moving deceptively fast and I don’t get the shot. Finally Matheus has us closer than we have been all day. Matheus puts up the sticks and yells at the hartebeest. He stops, I shoot with the 300 and he drops right there. What an old bull this one was. And that red coat with the black legs and face in the Namibian sun. Wow. The perfect one to take. Also, Jacques and Matheus believe this was probably the same bull we stalked earlier that morning.

IMG_6788.jpg

We are setting up for photos and I notice Mickey goes over by a tree to have some alone time and reflect on this beautiful animal that is in front of us. We are about to take photos and I look over only to see that Mickey apparently saw some oryx and hartebeest before he was completely finished with the task at hand and he has his binoculars up scoping them out. Now I didn’t think quickly enough to get a photo but the image is forever seared into my memory. Here is a quick sketch I made to help document the moment.

IMG_7044.jpg

Now that’s having your priorities straight! We did go after the herd of oryx and hartebeest and Mickey tells the story in his hunt report. It just didn’t work out. Too many eyes.

We go to a different property in the afternoon hunting kudu for me and/or hartebeest for Mickey. We do put a good stalk on two kudu bulls to about 80 yards when Matheus says one is too small and the other has a broken tip on one side. We ease back out and they never knew we were there. Nothing for Mickey today but we still had a great day hunting and stalking.

I'll try and finish this report up tomorrow. Thanks for reading everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not sure about my hunting buddy’s artistic ability, but I want to make it clear nothing was “hanging around!” I simply didn’t take time to buckle or button up before grabbing the binoculars!o_O

Sounds like a fantastic time so far!, love the picture of the sun setting through the Oryx horns

Enjoying the read, congrats on the hunt so far!

So, glad you finally got to make it to @kowasadventuresafaris after such a long wait. Glad I didn't have to wait 4 years for my recent trip to Kowas (or hopefully my next trip)!! Those are some fantastic animals that you put on the ground. Great write up and great pictures - but, your sketch is my favorite. Reminds me of my grandkids artwork!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Steve

Day 7 – Thur, Sep 30th
Thursday was a great day. Mickey and I hunt together and start off looking for a kudu for me or a hartebeest for Mickey. We hit the high ground and start glassing and it’s not long before Jacques and Matheus spot a hartebeest bull. We take off on a stalk with me right behind. It was a great stalk as we dodged kudu cows trying to get close. Ultimately we get busted and the hartebeest is gone. Matheus says he wasn’t big enough anyway so we don’t go after him. What is interesting is that during the time glassing before leaving for a hartebeest, Mickey sees a kudu bull but then loses him. Jacques and Matheus were never able to find him… hmmmm…

So we go and glass a few more spots and then head back to the same spot from this morning. Again, they spot a hartebeest and just as they are making plans for the stalk, Jacques saw a kudu. We had been hunting hard for kudu and had not seen many big ones so he took priority. Off we go on the stalk. It was a long stalk and after about an hour we are creeping along looking around every bush for this kudu. Finally Matheus sees something. He asks Mickey to stay put and stay still while him and I sneak a little closer. Once we get closer I can see the kudu laying under a shade with his horns stuck back in the bush. Almost impossible to see! Matheus sets up the sticks and says be ready to shoot when he stands up. Matheus yells… nothing… Matheus yells louder “whoop”… nothing… Matheus yells “c’mere kudu”… Kudu looks our direction… Not sure he could see us. We were very still and backed into a bush ourselves. Matheus claps… nothing… Matheus yells… kudu is still looking but not moving. I’m getting nervous. Afraid he is going to just jump and bolt… Finally, Matheus says be ready… He takes about three big sidesteps out and lets out another whoop. The kudu stands up. I fire. He runs about 50 yards and goes down. He’s down but I shoot one more time to finish the hunt. I cannot believe what I am seeing when I walk up… Kudu of a lifetime!
IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6826.jpg

IMG_6831.jpg

No one in camp had seen a tip with that much white on the end. Later Danie told me he believed the outer covering was probably knocked off fighting. Most times those tips break off when that happens. This one just came unwrapped a bit! They measured him at camp but I never asked what it was. To me it didn’t matter. This was the hunt I was after and it did not disappoint! And Kudu has a special place in Mickey’s heart and I think he was just as excited about him as I was!

We are quite a ways from camp and we still have more hunting to do so we take care of the kudu there on the property, caping, quartering and storing the meat. Then we are off to glass and look for hartebeest.

We do find a hartebeest bull for Mickey and it is a great stalk. When we finally catch up to him he had decided to lay down under a bush for shade. So I stayed back while Matheus and Mickey set up the sticks. Matheus looked back and noticed I was taking pictures and waved me up. He said I could video if I wanted. I hadn’t even thought of that. So I started videoing. I have the shots and the follow-ups with the hartebeest going down. Then as Mickey mentioned in his report I have him and Matheus discussing (quite colorfully) the tooth they found. My PG-13 film went to Restricted for under 17… I still need to edit that! LOL

Dinner all week was awesome. But this particular night we had Mickey’s eland filets. With some strips cooked medium rare and cut and served right off the fire! Probably the best meat I have ever had. Prior to that I would have said Zebra was my favorite African game meat. Now Eland is my favorite with no qualifiers. That’s enough to make a guy hunt eland every time he goes!

Day 8 – Fri, Oct. 1

We go out Friday morning together again. Hunting blue wildebeest for me and springbuck for Mickey. By now we know the routine. Drive into a property. Head for the high ground. Climb and glass. Not long and we have wildebeest. It’s a herd but they are in some thick cover about a mile or so out. Off we go. Once we got into the bush the cover wasn’t quite as thick as it appeared from the hilltop but it was still pretty tight. The fun part of this hunt was hearing the wildebeest way before we could see them! Talk about getting your heart pumping. This was definitely one of the most fun hunts we did. We catch up to them and I get on the sticks and shoot. He takes off then goes down after about 10 yards. Dust is flying. I have already reloaded and I’m on him. Matheus says move up quickly! I take off. I have to go around a few bushes and get a little disoriented. I hear hooves in the distance. I’m thinking, “did he get up?”. I am practically running now and I hear Matheus yelling “on your left, on your left”. I swing around ready to aim and fire. Matheus says look down…. There on the ground about 5 yds from me was my wildebeest. I never saw him! LOL. This bull had an amazing mane and beard. Initially my plan was to euro mount if I took a wildebeest. I changed my plan. Beautiful animal.
IMG_6900.jpg

That afternoon we head out looking for a Springbuck for Mickey. He details the hunt in his report and it was a great stalk and a great animal. Almost as incredible was watching Matheus climb a scrub tree to get a higher vantage point in the bush. His head was only about 12 ft. high and that tree (using the term loosely) was bending and swaying under his weight. He couldn’t have seen more than about 40 yds in any direction. And again I am reminded to be patient. He was up there for awhile and didn’t see anything. He was there so long that I was convinced we needed to keep going. If he hadn’t seen him yet he probably wasn’t there. Then, there he was. Very close to us. We didn’t go far before the sticks were up and a great “who’s on first” type of conversation took place between Mickey and Matheus about where to shoot… the behind or the ass… LOL

The sun went down. It got cool. Everyone brought a jacket but me. That was a chilly but very satisfying ride home that night.

Day 9 – Sat, Oct 2

I can’t believe it is our last day to hunt! Mickey has everything on his wish list and goes with Matheus to see if he can’t improve on the awesome kudu he already has at home. I still have three animals on my wish list with one day to hunt. But as I mentioned before, I never thought I would be able to take everything anyway. And besides, you always need a reason to go back!

The one thing left on my list that I was really hoping to take was a waterbuck. Jacques and I head out with Joseph and as usual head to a low mountain to climb and glass.

Now let’s talk a little about all of these mountains we were climbing. Here in OK. The rocks are mostly of a certain type. Very dense, very heavy. Most times you can tell from looking if it is small enough or loose enough to move when you step on it. And you can also be pretty certain when you think it is large enough or secure enough to step on with no issues. The mountains we were on in Namibia were covered in loose sandstone rocks of every shape and size. And it didn’t matter the shape or size, they all shifted when you stepped on them. Now Jacques could climb those hills like a billy goat. I, being much more mature and wise, tended to go slower and take my time. Also factor in elevation and sometimes wind could be an issue. LOL

So Jacques climbs this mountain to the top. I get about halfway up, figure I can see good enough and start glassing. I look up and see Jacques and Joseph talking, pointing, looking… I’m thinking we are about to go so I better go ahead and get back down the hill. Before I get all the way to the bottom here comes Jacques practically running down the mountain saying c’mon, we have to hurry! The waterbuck are going up the next mountain over. We grab the rifle and take off at a brisk pace across the savannah towards the next mountain, stopping occasionally to glass. I’ve got my 375 with me and Jacques ask if I am ok out to 200. I tell him I’ve practiced off of sticks out to about 150 yds, but I have something to brace on I’m sure I can do it. We continue to stalk and watch the waterbuck work their way up the mountain. Once we get almost to the foot of the mountain we are spotted by a young bull. We freeze and sticks go up, way to high… I had to lower sticks all week (I’m not very tall). Jacques says, you are shooting up hill. You are going to scope yourself. Oh yea, sticks go back up. Jacques says 180 yards. I shoot. Waterbuck goes 10 yds up the hill and he’s down. A perfect shot. Really couldn’t believe I hit him so hard! I also used the 375 on the wildebeest and on both animals the A-Frames performed perfectly.

We head up and take some photos and then back to camp to get some help These animals are much bigger up close than you realize. No way we are getting him down the mountain so the crew shows up and capes and quarters him right there. I was amazed at how well they did it. Nothing got dirty, nothing was wasted, fur didn’t get all over the meat. Man, I have a lot of room for improvement! And Elleni and Joshua made an appearance to check out the waterbuck.
IMG_6951.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

After all of the fun we head back to camp for lunch and a little break. Today is the day the RSA Springboks are playing the New Zealand All Blacks. Watching Jacques and his dad get passionate about rugby was a blast. In fact, Danie would leave the room because the Springboks always started doing better when he left! I’m not even kidding. LOL That was a fun afternoon and I even had a little friend curl up on my shoulder for a little nap.
IMG_6971.jpg

After the game off we go to try and get a springbuck or a steenbuck. The only two animals left on my list. I felt pretty good that we would get one or the other, after all, the Springboks won the game and Jacques was in a good mood!

We get to the property we are hunting and get to high ground and I can already see springbuck in almost every direction. We see one old lone buck heading towards a water hole. We glass and watch awhile before deciding he wasn’t the one. We head across to a different property and immediately see two bucks. But they see us and they are off! Jacques climbs on top of the Toyota and watches through his binoculars until they stop. I can see them too. They are a long ways out there but it is flat and there is hardly anything for cover other than the tall grass.

We jump down, grab the rifle and start out. Because of lack of cover we end up crouching and “low-walking” for a ways. So much that I actually got winded and when we were finally in position to make a shot I had to take a few minutes and recover… Only time all week I had that happen.

As I said, there were two bucks there. One was shorter but very wide. The other not as wide but very tall. Jacques let me have my pick. I went with the tall one. He was quartering to me facing right. I shoot and pull the shot a little left from about 120 yards. My first marginal shot of the week up to that point. I was lucky in that it anchored him but I had to use a 2nd shot to finish him off. I had a beautiful springbuck. Couldn’t be happier with how the week turned out.
IMG_6982.jpg

By now the sun was going down and we were going to head back to camp. We were way out in the middle of this savannah and actually had let a fence down to drive the Toyota out to the springbuck. As we start heading back to the road we haven’t gone 50 yards and we bust two steenbuck! A male and a female. But the light is fading fast!

Jacques watches and when they stop he says, yes, that’s a shooter, let’s go. I jump out and off we go. We bumped and pushed them three more times before we were finally able to get into position to shoot. Jacques puts up the sticks. I can just make out the top of the head and the horns in the tall grass. I say I don’t have a shot and he bolts again. Off we go chasing. Jacques says you aren’t going to be able to see much of the body in this grass you just have to shoot through it. His body was to the left. Uh-oh, good thing I didn’t shoot. I really couldn’t see anything and I was aiming to the right of his head! We finally get into position to make another shot. I’m on the sticks and Jacques says body is to the right. I can just see an outline for the top of the back. I aim and squeeze. He’s down, but I immediately hear crying. Reminded me of a rabbit call we use when coyote hunting. We run up and once again a marginal shot. I did not aim low enough in the grass and had spined him. Lucky that no tracking was needed but I had to finish him with a final shot. I was done. What an amazing safari!
IMG_6994.jpg

IMG_7022.JPG

Day 10 & 11 – Sun, Mon, Oct 3 & 4

Travel was uneventful. Planes were a little more crowded than the trip over but otherwise no issues. Arrived back at DFW on Monday and after a quick stop at Bucee’s in Denton we were back in Oklahoma. Already talking about the NEXT TIME!

Final Words

I cannot say enough about the Strauss family. For the week we were there we were family. What an awesome adventure. Mickey and I loved each night after dinner going to sit at the fire and talk about the days hunt and hear stories from Jacques and Danie. I could do that every night. One night Jacques and Danie even sang us a traditional German hunting song!

The food and accommodations were also wonderful. There was not one bad meal and I even ate things I typically avoid at home. And it was good. Something about being in Namibia just makes the food taste better! LOL

The cottage we stayed in was neat and had everything you would need. And the lighted water hole 100 yds out the front door (and off your private room patio) was an amazing and unexpected amenity. I loved watching the animals day and night. There were warthogs in the yard, impala and waterbuck everywhere. It was fun just to watch the wildlife around the camp. Don’t get any ideas though, Danie has a “no shooting” zone around the house!

The travel was great and travel express could not have been easier to work with and took great care of us. I probably would try and find a different route next time as we spent A LOT of time in airports laying over, but Qatar was excellent. Hopefully as we move forward more routes to Windhoek will re-open.

I will definitely be returning to Kowas. My wife and I are already discussing the conversation we will have with Jacques and Ansie at DSC in January. I see a sable in my future! I loved the way we hunted. While we did spot a few animals while driving, our primary hunting was done by climbing high ground, glassing and walking. We were on low fence cattle ranches or properties with no fence. Don’t let the pics and the animals fool you. We hunted hard every day and Jacques and Danie both said we were very fortunate. Jacques and Matheus are also very selective. Never did I feel we were just shooting an animal to complete a wish list. We passed on many animals along the way that I thought were great.

If anyone ever has any questions or would like information regarding Kowas I would be happy to talk with you.

Thank you for reading and until my next report, happy hunting!

In all fairness I'm pretty sure I entered that drawing too. Probably just sour grapes because I didn't win and then to add insult to injury you took your wife instead of your hunting buddy!

I’m not sure about my hunting buddy’s artistic ability, but I want to make it clear nothing was “hanging around!” I simply didn’t take time to buckle or button up before grabbing the binoculars!o_O
I can neither confirm nor deny. I was just trying to accurately depict the belt and pants flap hanging open on both sides. That was my view. A great hunting moment!

Sounds like a fantastic time so far!, love the picture of the sun setting through the Oryx horns
Jacques (PH / Owner) had a camera and took a lot of amazing pictures of our animals. He is going to send me copies because there are several my wife wants to frame. Most of the ones on this thread are just from my iphone.

IMG_6853.jpg

So, glad you finally got to make it to @kowasadventuresafaris after such a long wait. Glad I didn't have to wait 4 years for my recent trip to Kowas (or hopefully my next trip)!! Those are some fantastic animals that you put on the ground. Great write up and great pictures - but, your sketch is my favorite. Reminds me of my grandkids artwork!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Steve
Thanks Steve. Definitely helped reading your report and messaging about logistics. And I really think Mickey might need to put that artwork on his refrigerator!

Enjoyed the report and congratulations on your trophies!

You had a great hunt! Beauty of a kudu and many other nice specimens. Thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg