NAMIBIA: Johnnyblues V.S. Mr. Spots Round Two

I can see a great mount with a leopard and two springbok.
Congrats on the leopard he is a real stud! You certainly earned him.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing a zebra pic soon!!!

Well boys it would seem the klipspringer is my white whale. Hunted them couple years back on the Eastern Cape and have the dubious honor of being the first hunter to not even have seen or shot at a klippy with that particular outfitter. And it would appear the same is likely to happen here. It’s not for lack or trying for sure. We pounded the mountains again this morning and I once again had to hear from a PH, I don’t understand it.....I always see them here!

It’s hunting so I understand. We will give it one more try tonight and I think if unsuccessful I’ll pull the plug and concentrate on mountain zebra for my remaining two days.

It’s official! klipspringer beats me again! Aghhh. Tomorrow we begin hunting mountain zebra.

Anyone want to bet that Johnnie sees his Klippie tomorrow?
. No way! Lol. Going to a different mountain range for zebra. I’m starting to hate klippies! Lol

Something will always kick your ass.

I think you got the important one done.

We all have the one that got away.... for me it’s a nice warthog!

Congrats, on the leopard....I hope I can be as successful as you in the coming weeks.

Well we had some morning. This was probably our coldest morning yet as we set out to hunt mountain zebra in an adjoining farm from us where they hold good numbers of zebra. We were greeted by the landowner and chatted for several minutes. I told him I would like to harvest a stallion his advice was try to look him over well as they are fighting quite a bit a they could be scared pretty badly as I’m looking to do a flat skin.
We set out with one of there guys to help us locate the zebra. It wasn’t long we spotted a big kudu bull my PH was saying he’s a massive old bull as he stood about 80 yards to our right. As he started to walk away we noticed he had a broken rear leg I was told we needed to take him as he will just die in the bush, gladly I obliged. One shot in the neck and he was down. As we approached SP kept saying something in Africana then said to me this is a massive old bull! I’ve only shot one other kudu in Namibia several years ago that was 53 inches and wider so I wasn’t immediately impressed. But my PH kept going on about him. Anyway we marked the spot to come back later but for now I had mountain zebra on my mind. We were hoping to spot them down low as the landowner said they will be at the base of the mountain early. Not long afterwards we spotted two lone zebra in the thick brush one was very large my PH thought it might be a Stallone and with the wind picking up we thought it would be wise an take it before the head up. It took a few minutes in the brush but I finally got a shoulder shot . I hit it square in the shoulder it ran 60 yards or so an dropped. As we approach my PH was upset with himself as it was a big old mare. I told him no worries as I was happy anyway. It had been a tremendous Safari. We headed back home where we put a tape to that kudu left horn 55 1/4 right horn 55 even. What a great old bull. I’m hoping I can get a good price on him and if I do I’ll take him home.

E4E70E3F-D546-491F-81CB-0C92B7A1E901.jpeg
50F01652-975E-45C6-852C-71AB7A18FB8B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
A nice kudu and zebra. I have always thought the mountain zebra is much prettier than the Burchells, and the kudu is a nice one also. What an end to an awesome safari.

What a wonderful morning you had! I really am enjoying your play by play hunting report and I appreciate you taking the time to write it this way! Congrats! :A Thumbs Up:

Wow bud!!! Good day you had!!

Awesome kudu and congrats on the mtn zebra (y)(y) You are having on heckuva hunt bro!

JB if my math is correct you still have one full day of hunting left??
Klippy tomorrow !

Wow bud!!! Good day you had!!

Awesome kudu and congrats on the mtn zebra (y)(y) You are having on heckuva hunt bro!
Ya I think my wife is still unconscious as I asked her to wire transfer my trophy fees!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg