NAMIBIA: Johnnyblues V.S. Mr. Spots Round Two

Great trophies, can't wait to see what you have planned for your next hunt!
If the stars and the moon line up my next safari will be in 21 with fellow member @LivingTheDream in Benin for savanna buffalo,roan, hartebeest and chobe bushbuck.

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed reading this thread!
You have taken some very nice animals.

Do you have a taxidermy plan with Spots?

What was the tension like searching in the dark?
Hunting is amazing when time drags on and hints of despair and doubt creep in, and then are completely wiped away in an instant. It is a demonstration of holding on to hope when it is much easier to just give up.
Well said. The tension going in after a wounded cat is almost indescribable, I don’t think I was breathing much. This is a picture at a show where my taxidermist was displaying. The cat in the front is what I’m going to do.

54C9355D-1CE9-413F-9F06-4819A90A6CE2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done buddy! What a beautiful cat! Congrats!!!

Well said. The tension going in after a wounded cat is almost indescribable, I don’t think I was breathing much. This is a picture at a show where my taxidermist was displaying. The cat in the front is what I’m going to do.

View attachment 287261

This is the display I liked at shows. Cat going down rocks. May do mine this way.

If anyone is still watching this thread just an update. Went looking for klipsringer today without success. We started out early and slowly climbed to the top to glass. This is a tough place to hunt them as the mountain side is covered in brush and trees. We checked several other areas where my PH has “always “ seen them. Lol. Going to try one more day and then shift gears for the final two days for mountain zebra.

I'm guessing that everybody is still watching, it ain't over yet!

Lol.. ok boys.

I’m back home with good internet service! I’ll be watching until the taxidermy is on the wall in your new place!

Of course we are still watching. It's not over until you say it's over. (y)(y)

Been off the grid for a couple months. I just logged on to the forum and your report was the first thing that I knew I had to read. Just finished all 18 pages. Man, Johnny what a story. That is one awesome cat. Congrats on a fine exciting hunt. I remember last time when it did not happen and you were disappointed. Just goes to show, don't give up on your dreams. I know you will remember every moment of this trip for the rest of your life. Congrats again, good hunting.

View attachment 287261
There awesome Johnny !
When i finally get to the States for the first time i wont need to visit a zoo .
I will come round to your man cave instead .

Had a double header on free range springbok today.. We spotted the short heavy one early this morning my PH said he’s very heavy and a nice trophy. 150 yards out and hit him, ran about 60 yards and dropped.. several hours later we were sitting under a tree just enjoying some coffee and a snack when I saw movement about 200 yards away. My PH put the glasses on him and said shoot him he’s a good trophy, well having just shot one I was reluctant. He said I’ll give you a good price shoot! I did....lol

View attachment 287214 View attachment 287221
And you thought twice ???
Duuuh .
Awesome .

Been off the grid for a couple months. I just logged on to the forum and your report was the first thing that I knew I had to read. Just finished all 18 pages. Man, Johnny what a story. That is one awesome cat. Congrats on a fine exciting hunt. I remember last time when it did not happen and you were disappointed. Just goes to show, don't give up on your dreams. I know you will remember every moment of this trip for the rest of your life. Congrats again, good hunting.
Yes thank you sir this has been a fabulous hunt. Taking the great spotted one especially the way the hunt went will stay with me all my days.

There awesome Johnny !
When i finally get to the States for the first time i wont need to visit a zoo .
I will come round to your man cave instead .
You will always be welcome at my home my friend.

Just wanted to add this picture, I like it. Hope no one minds.;)

7739C2F2-F976-4896-B753-6C5D5CB7FDD3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That 2nd springbok is a stunner!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!