Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Fiji, Namibia
After 2 years of waiting, my Namibian Safari is almost here.

I fly out of Aus on the 6th of May, back out of Windhoek on the 14th

I will be going after Gemsbok and Kudu as my two main wants, Gemsbok more than kudu, as kudu has skyrocketed in price. I do love the Kudu, but it would want to be a great one, as it is 5 times dearer than the Gemsbok

After that, Springbok, Zebra, Jackal, Baboon, Blue or Black Wildebeest (cant decide), Warthog and Impala are in my would like to have a combination of these, if we come across them

What are peoples thoughts on this list?

I just checked the prices on my outfitters page, I didn't notice the price jump in Kudu until I read this. Kudu is almost the price of an Eland now, any idea what has caused that?

ive been told lower numbers due to rabies??

originally when i booked kudu was 1200, now 2800

I had my outfitter put in an email that the prices wouldn't change from when I booked. I would see if you can get them to honor the price at the time you booked.

I had my outfitter put in an email that the prices wouldn't change from when I booked. I would see if you can get them to honor the price at the time you booked.

they honored the day rate, but not the animal rate. i booked 2 years ago. im hoping to negotaite a bit on a few things to see if i can squeeze in the kudu

they honored the day rate, but not the animal rate. i booked 2 years ago. im hoping to negotaite a bit on a few things to see if i can squeeze in the kudu

That sucks man, sorry to hear that.

The prices you were quoted changed? Ouch

Your list looks good to me. Enjoy your time in Namibia.
Hartmann's Zebra is my leaning.

The prices you were quoted changed? Ouch

only the kudu, everything else has remained stable for the whole 2 years, and im told by others whove hunted there say its not locked in stone anyway, can work it out on the ground. im happy enough with how its all happened. it was the gemsbok i wanted most, having fallen for them after seeing one on the wall at hunt and fish in christchurch last time i was in new zealand chasing tahr

Good luck with your Gemsbok hunt.

Good luck, enjoy Africa and happy hunting.
Sounds like a nice list of animals you’re seeking.
Looking forward to read the report about all of it after you’re back.

//Gus

I have been told the Hatmann's Zebra is a beauty. But, what ever you find I am sure the hunt will be memorable!!

Love Namibia. That is where I took my first safari. Yes the kudu have been hit hard by rabies there. I don't like the price changed since you booked it but if you see a good kudu jump on it. Hartsman zebra is on my hit list next time there. Enjoy your hunt!

Good luck and have a blast! List looks good, see if you can negotiate on kudu while there.

I wouldn't pay $2800 for a kudu! If he sticks to that price think about foregoing one and getting it on a later trip to RSA. For that price you could get that additional wildebeest, a warthog, an impala, and have money left over. Make sure you hunt the Hartmann zebra as this is what Namibia is known for or hunt both the Hartmann and Burchell with the money from not shooting the kudu.

My family's first hunt in africa was also in Namibia. We had a fantastic time. I didn't get my mountain zebra but took two kudu. This was in 2010 and rabies had hit very hard right before we went. We shot Springbok ,gemsbok (39 incher),warthog, giraffe, steinbok and my daughter took a great zebra. We didn't see a lot of kudu but the ones we did were good ones. My big one was 58 inches. Surprisingly enough the outfitters we hunted with , last I looked was only $ 500 more now than then. Have a great trip , enjoy and Namibia has some fantastic kudu that are worth the money. Wishing you great times!

Last edited:
Have a great hunt.

Have a great time, looking forward to your report! Might add Red Hartebeest to your list. The two times I've hunted Namibia (2007 & 2015), it seemed like Red Hartebeest and Oryx were everywhere. I hardly saw any Kudu either hunt.

Hope you find a beast of a Kudu for that price. In advance, welcome to our beautiful country and wishing you an unforgettable hunt.

Have a great hunt! I'll be making the trip to Namibia in June. 71 days and counting. No matter which animals you choose to take, your first safari will be a blast. That said, Kudu IMO are the premier native plains game trophy in Namibia. If you can swing it, you won't regret spending the money when you look at it on your wall.....and remember the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!