Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Namibia Hunting Concessions Awarded for Bwabwata

WINDHOEK Two professional hunters were awarded hunting concession in the Bwabwata National Park, by the Kyaramacan Association (KA).

The Allan Cilliers Hunting Safaris and Hunt Africa Namibia received concessions in the Bwabwata East and Bwabwata West, respectively.

6377d1300302314-namibia-hunting-concessions-awarded-bwabwata-hunting-concessions-bwabwata.jpg

The Kyaramacan Association, a voluntary community association, representing 5 500 residents living in the park, was awarded a 5-year hunting concession inside the park by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism, in October 2010.

The total fees generated annually from the concession would be approximately N$4 million and half of all concession fees would be retained by the KA for supporting their conservation and development programmes inside the park.

The concession aims to reduce rural poverty and provide direct benefits for communities living inside and adjacent to protected areas in line with the National Policy on Tourism and Wildlife Concessions.

The Secretary of the KA, Tienie Mushavanga, who signed the hunting concessions said the other half of the money would be paid to the Game Products Trust Fund for supporting conservation projects nationwide.

He said 20 full-time local jobs would be created through the concession and the two operators would initiate social investment programmes, as well as extensive skills development.

The fees and empowerment plans offered are unprecedented in the history of this concession. The KA looks forward to a positive and mutually rewarding business relationship with Allan Cilliers Hunting Safaris and Hunt Africa Namibia, Mushavanga said.

While thanking the Ministry of Environment and Tourism for the concession, the association promised to make sure that the concession is a success.

Meanwhile, the Director of Parks and Wildlife, Ben Beytell, expressed satisfaction that the two operators were the successful bidders.

"You do ethical hunting and have a good relationship with the community, you will do a good job," Beytell said.

Source: New Era

Attachments

• hunting-concessions-bwabwata.jpg
    hunting-concessions-bwabwata.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thrilled to see that HuntAfrica Namibia was awarded the Bwabwata West concession. I've had the pleasure of hunting with them twice and they run the highest quality operation I've experienced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you