NAMIBIA: Hunt Report - Khomas Highlands Hunting Safaris Namibia Aug-Sep 2019

Matt_wy Looks like you had a great hunt, The guy's at Khomas have delivered again. The problem with reading these hunt reports is I get a sudden need to visit again, especially when there is eland running about in the highlands.

Sounds like you had a great trip. Some beautiful trophies and a great experience. I will make one comment on the Bergers. Before you give up on the Mesa try the Berger 215's. I have a friend in MT that manages a ranch where they cull some elk every year. A couple of years ago he helped take around 76 elk. He really favors the 215. I'm using the 180 in my 7mm and doing very well with it. Marginal hit on a Blesbuck today and took her down in her tracks. Congrats!
Bruce

Another great report on Phillips operation. Congratulations on some fine trophies. I always say “ya gotta love hunting in Namibia “.

Congratulations on a successful hunt and thanks for the report.

Great report and loved the picture of you holding the Birds and the butt of a dog or something over your right shoulder

I’ll be there with Philip in March. I’ll try and take out a baboon in your honor ;)

Matt_WY thanks for posting a great report and photos. It certainly looks like a great time was had.

Thank you Matt for sharing your hunting adventure with our AH community! Keep in touch and hope to welcome you back one day to chase Eland in the Kalahari.
best regards the Khomas Highland team

Will do. Already trying to figure out what 2021 looks like. Have a great time in Kamchatka! I want a hunt report from that one!

Sounds like you had a great trip. Some beautiful trophies and a great experience. I will make one comment on the Bergers. Before you give up on the Mesa try the Berger 215's. I have a friend in MT that manages a ranch where they cull some elk every year. A couple of years ago he helped take around 76 elk. He really favors the 215. I'm using the 180 in my 7mm and doing very well with it. Marginal hit on a Blesbuck today and took her down in her tracks. Congrats!
Bruce

Thanks. Will try these too. I think i even have some laying around here someone for one of the elk rifles.

Great report, thank you for posting. Philip and his team are all outstanding, I can't wait to get back.

Congrats Matt, seems like you had a great time :D Cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg