AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Alaska,lower 48
Well figured I would start this hunt report before we head out. Those who have read some of my reports in the past know that one of my life's pleasures is surprising my wife. After our 2018 safari and keeping the second safari a secret for over a year, she made me promise her to not surprise her again while she was still working. I kept my promise, however I interpreted that in my favor. Fast forward a couple years and she is retiring the last day of July 2021. So at DSC right before the COVID mess occurred I set up a safari to Namibia with Ekuja Safaris. We have both been wanting to go to Namibia for a safari, visit to skeleton coast and Estosha National park. And yes I kept that a secret till we were under a year, at which point Drikus sent my wife a WhatsApp text and said "Dave is very good at planning the hunting part but kinda is weak on the after hunt adventures" so I need your help:E Rofl: As you can guess my wonderful wife comes out to the shop with this stink-eyed look on her face and asked me "WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?) So I calmly explain that my retirement gift to her is a safari to Namibia. She adds I thought you promised not to surprise me. Where I calmly stated that we were flying on 6 Aug and would she or would she not be "Retire and no longer working" As usual I get the "That's not what I meant" followed buy the comment "You are such a guy" As she became accustom to the idea and started looking at the guidebook all was good. Only one last little hiccup, about a month later she had a puzzled look on her face and said I didn't let you out of my sight at DSC when did you set it up. So a little Whatsapp before we went and I signed the contract while you went to the bathroom at dinner, followed by passing Drikus the deposit under the table while you were enjoying desert.:A Stirring:

We we now have everything coordinated and coordinated with all parties, so we leave on Friday. She is looking forward to hunting some plains game and just relaxing. She will be shooting her M70 7mm REM MAG. I will be taking a super accurate Ruger #1 in 9.3x74. I am sure we will be super busy and I might be able to post a few things while there but I expect to do the bulk of the trip report when we get home. For me the outfitter started pree baiting about a week ago and this walked into the trail cam a couple days ago. So I am really looking forward to this adventure.

leopard.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ravensview

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Good luck, have fun and enjoy, one heck of a surprise and what a retirement gift,

Edge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
PA, NM, ND, Al, FL, MD, Eastern Cape South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2
Have a great time and may your bullets find the mark!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania
Best of luck, looking forward to it!

cls

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Good luck, shoot straight. Will be following along.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Good luck to you both.

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape), Namibia
Safe travels and good hunting.

Frederik

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA - Big Bore Association of South Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique and Sweden
Have fun and safe travels hope spots becomes fat and lazy napping on the tree between meals.

Jörg Krüger

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Have fun, safe travels, happy hunting and enjoy the sight seeing to both of you.
Wheels up is just around the corner

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada

Doug3006

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
Namibia (X2), Zambia
Good luck AZDave! I love Namibia. Like all of our wives...yours is a lucky lady! :cool:

I appreciate your help and guidance on the stock upgrade on my new Ruger #1. It's always good to speak with someone who has experience. I have the rifle. Once I get back from Zimbabwe I'm going to focus on upgrading it.

kdenn

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, RMEF, NRA, DSC
Excellent scene setting. looking forward to hunting report. best of luck and safe travels.

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Looking forward to the report Dave!

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Sounds like this will be a grand adventure. Safe travels and looking forward to reading your report.

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
:A Thumbs Up::A Yell::A Yell: Another safari report in the making. Good luck to you sir, and may the Hunting Gods shine their good spell on both of you. Safe travels, and looking forward to pictures and report. (y)

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
Really looking forward to hearing about this adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wiredducker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gprippers wrote on Tucketed's profile.
Hello, saw that you want the Jeffries brass. So you an either send a USPS money order or paypal i guess, which ever works for you is fine with me at this point. If you want to us Paypal use [redacted] friends and family and dont mention gun stuff at all or they will go bananas! LOL!

Let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,
Rob
Cowboy wrote on MBIZI SAFARIS's profile.
Good afternoon, please send me a list of pricing for 2022.
NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?