NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With W.F. Mans Safaris KumKum Game Ranch?

JGRaider

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
B&C, DSC
Hunted
US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
Anybody know anything about them, W.F. Mans Safaris KumKum Game Ranch, good, bad, or ugly. I met them at DSC and became interested in hunting there. Thanks in advance.

Only have an impression of the man from speaking with him. I have not hunted with him.
The impression was a good one by the way.

I have not hunted with them, but I have friends who have and they had a good time. They do a fair amount of business with the SCI chapters in WI.

Anybody know anything about them, W.F. Mans Safaris KumKum Game Ranch, good, bad, or ugly. I met them at DSC and became interested in hunting there. Thanks in advance.

I put a deposit on a hunt with them four years ago, but was unable to make it due to business considerations; I told him 6 months before the hunt I would not be able to make it and did not ask for my deposit back or for it to go to another date. He got a bit "chippy" about my cancellation, but I didn't ask for my $ back and there was nothing I could do about the business reasons for me not to go. It is the only hunt in over 25 years that I had to cancel.

I spent a good bit of time researching him and talked to several references, including if I remember correctly, a gentleman who had hunted with him twice. All was favorable and mentioned that you hunt with him, as he runs a small operation. It's a bit of a challenge to get to his operation and I think the best was to fly to Keetmanshoop and he picks you there, or air charter. Don't hold me to that, however.

I was looking at going to Namibia this year and had no reservations about trying to book something, but I found an operation that was a bit easier on getting to.

Hope above is helpful.

Very helpful, and I appreciate it. I'm wanting to go to Namibia, so I kind of narrowed it down to him, Kowas, and Orpa. Any other recs or ideas would be helpful and appreciated as well. I would like to know more about Ozondjahe's operation as well.

Very helpful, and I appreciate it. I'm wanting to go to Namibia, so I kind of narrowed it down to him, Kowas, and Orpa. Any other recs or ideas would be helpful and appreciated as well. I would like to know more about Ozondjahe's operation as well.

Newbie question, but how did you get it down to these two? I was looking at OmuJeve...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg