NAMIBIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Jan Oelofse Hunting Safaris?

dmyers

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, Canada,
Has anyone hunted with Jan Oelofse Hunting Safaris (Namibia) and what was the good and bad (if any) of the experience? Would you go back?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't but your looking at one of the more iconic operations in Namibia. Jan was a legend and died a few years ago. His son is now running the company and near as I can tell continues to run the company well. I spent some time in their booth at SCI in Reno in 2011 just to listen to Jan tell his stories.

Agree with Phil here. He is one of the best known outfits in Namibia, and have not seen anything even remotely negative from them. If I was a client shopping around, I would have no doubts about booking with them.
Go for it.

I have a booking agent that books for the two of us, our clients interchange continually, good company I have yet to have a unhappy client from this operation.
Do it! You'll be looked after.

My best always

I plan on hunting with them in 2018 or 2019. Checked 10 or more reference from both them and the hunting report. Really good reports. Even people who didn't get everything on their list said they would be back and it was top notch. Think you are making a great choice.

A friend and I are booked to hunt with them in May 2017. I did a ton of research and talked to a lot of references and couldn't find anyone with a bad thing to say about them!

I like these long range hunting plans guys! 2017, 2018........ Now that's planning! Enjoy the hunts!

Is it bad that I am planning a big hunt in 2021 in the Yukon or British Columbia? My biggest problem is there is so much to hunt and such little vacation time!! But it is really cool to go through the whole planning process with a bunch of guys who are doing similar hunts!!

How does Webster's dictionary define the word "Hope"? It does it with pictures of Labrador retriever puppies and the planning of hunting trips on AH(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,