Namibia for first African Safari

I wanted to try some 200 gr. a-frames but times are tough trying to find those. Oh well, I should have a good opinion formed on the partitions when it's all over with. (y)
@CJW
The speed you will be using them at the should behave themselves and perform beautifully
Bob

Reactions: CJW
Congrats, you will have a great time.
Don't forget to stop at Joe's Beerhouse
Now that’s a place I will not miss out on future trips. Whenever we can go, Namibia and SA currently being red listed for us.

Woohoo. Tickets are booked through United. Slight date change but I'm flying out on Sep. 4 arriving on the 6th and back on the 16th on United Premium Plus.

Now it's official. :A Banana:

I've been lazy about putting together a trip report but it went great. The only thing that stunk was worrying about covid tests. The travel, weather and company was just fine.
I would love to hear all about it - including if it would be a good fit for a non-hunting wife.

I honestly feel like a non-hunting wife might be a bit bored unless you plan on doing a side trip before or after the hunt and anything like that is hours away, Etosha, Skeleton Coast, Caprivi, etc. There might be some shopping and sightseeing in Windhoek but that's it. They'll charge you extra for that as well as it's over an hour away. Day to day though there wouldn't be much to do besides a pool if they aren't going to go out with you and there aren't any big game like buffalo, elephants, rhino or lions so it's strictly plains game for viewing. They have a property about 4 hours away in the mountains but I can't speak to that as I was never there. I believe they offer horseback riding and have horses on the property but not sure how much time that would take up and they seem busy with the farm so it would need to be set-up beforehand.

@CJW
Thanks. Exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Reactions: CJW
Plenty of sundowners listening to the jackals carry on and a blue wildebeest at sunset.
Just booked first safari with Makadi on Sunday at DSC. Taking my non-hunting wife, but she loves photography and plans on going with us on hunts. Also doing a side trip to Etosha after hunt.

Just booked first safari with Makadi on Sunday at DSC. Taking my non-hunting wife, but she loves photography and plans on going with us on hunts. Also doing a side trip to Etosha after hunt.
@Colorado cowman
You and your wife are going to love Etosha especially sitting by the stone fence overlooking the lit waterhole at night. Make sure she has a big card for her camera.
Bob
IMG_20190914_135333.jpg
IMG_20190914_103748.jpg
IMG_20190914_085658.jpg

Some photos of Etosha in October 2019 when it was in drought. They have had rain since
IMG_20190914_121528.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Colorado cowman
You and your wife are going to love Etosha especially sitting by the stone fence overlooking the lit waterhole at night. Make sure she has a big card for her camera.
Bob
View attachment 446691View attachment 446692View attachment 446693
Some photos of Etosha in October 2019 when it was in drought. They have had rain since

Next time I will do fewer days plains game hunting and do a trip to Etosha for two or three days. Hunting management animals for 9.5 days in a row was fun but maybe a little much for me. I could have done with some breaking up of the monotony.

Next time I will do fewer days plains game hunting and do a trip to Etosha for two or three days. Hunting management animals for 9.5 days in a row was fun but maybe a little much for me. I could have done with some breaking up of the monotony.
@CJW
We hunted 10 days then did Etosha for 2 nights 3 days then Windhoek for 2 night including Joe's Beer Garden.
The most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you