NAMIBIA: Did Someone Go Hunting With Sumsare Safaris?

tap

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I am currently looking into booking a leopard safari in Namibia for 2012 with Gerard Erasmus with sumsare safaris. I wanted to post on here and ask you guys if you knew anything about him good or bad? Will I have a good time? Is he a reputable guide? What if anything do any of you know about him?

Thanks in advance and PM's are ok

Hey, T you're alive.
Sorry, I can not tell you anything of use on this outfitter. Hope someone else can.
Is this hunt for you or your dear bride?

Its for me. Heck no its not for her. She's spoiled enough as it is. hahaha

I saw that Nyala. I'll share my trophy shortly, got pretty close to that monster of yours. (like it really mattered)

When you want to spoil someone else you just call me and I'll be your assistant PH.

I had TWO Leopard encounters in the day light at Leeukop and a buddy encountered another at forty yards.
Three different leopards.

Here is a picture of the big guy that I watched one afternoon from under 200 yards. Hope this hunt works out for you in the wilds of Namibia.

Attachments

• IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 218
Oooooohhhhhh nan. That is a gorgeous cat! I'm dying to go back over and shoot a big ol kitty cat! I'm gonna have to look into leeukop safaris. Seems like they might be able to hook me up with a big cat right?

Yup, he is a beauty.
No idea, maybe.
PM sent.

Tap, your mail bag is full and will not accept any more PM's. Empty it out man. :)

Sent an email via AH.

i hunted with gerard erasmus sumsare safaris in september 2011 for leopard and hippo. i left with a leopard, hippo, mountain zebra, black wildebeest, damara dik-dik and honey badger. Very professional and hard working great accomidations. This was my sixth trip and first with sumsare safaris, but will not be my last with sumsare. I highly reccommend sumsare as i have had one of my friends contact gerard. for 2012 if you wish to call me feel free

matt giese
817-295-2273 work cell 817-994-8328

Matt, how did you hunt your Leopard? When?
You got a story and some pictures to share. I'd love to see it.

hunted in a blind. Hound hunting is now illegal in namibia. the cat i shot was 150 lbs beautiful hide have over 100 hours in the blind. i will see if i can get my wife or employees to download the pics i dont know how. i hate computers

Oh well, the internet life sucks for you.
Glad you had a successful hunt.
I await your employees newest task in their job description. :)

rofdl! i just recieved the first ever picture message from one of my rig pushers today. I was so amazed and now i get on here and read this thread! im dying laughing at the lack of tech savy guys.

seriously though get some pics up. how big was his skull? did u get your cat back in a timely manner? more info please

Sumsare safaris

I hunted with Gerard in 2010 for cape buffalo and plains game. We started off in Zimbabwe where I took a great buffalo. We then drove to Namibia thru Zambia. This went off without a hitch, as you know about travel in Africa, this was amazing! We drove thru some very spectacular country, stopping for a night on the Okavango delta, where we caught some fish that did not look like the rainbows here in BC!
I went on to take a zebra, kudu, gemsbok and wildebeast and had the time of my life! I would not hesitate to give Gerhard and his outfit 100% recomendation to anyone! As an outfitter myself, I truly recognized the quality Gerard and his crew offered and the work that went into this hunt. If I could do it over there wouldn't be a thing I would change about that trip! Dennis

Rassie(gerard) knows Leopard... you will have a good hunt, point in question is simple, he will do all and more to make sure that you have the best possible shot in getting Africas most sought after trophy species I will go out on a limb, you'll get a good cat!

My best always!

i believe he was charged in namibia for illegal activity.

Kuduman, don't believe he was found guilty otherwise he would not be operating? I have been charged with illeagaly hunting a leagal hippo before???? It ended up being leagal.

My best always.

Lost posts...

Sumsare Safaris said:
Good Day,

I was alerted by one of my clients about this thread and would like to make the following statement:

I pride myself in running a honest and hard working Outfit in our very competitive and tough industry. I have never been charged with anything illegal in the 17 years being in the business and urge Kuduman to please make sure about his facts or roomers per se, before posting on a world wide forum like this.
I would also like to use this opportunity to thank Jaco, Dennis and Matt for the kind words and hope that this forum continues to provide our hunting industry with accurate information to be able to gain valuable knowledge.
All the best,Gerard

Jaco Strauss said:
There we go guys,.... Thanks Rassie hope you have a good season.

I have also hunted with Gerard and highly recommend him. I have hunted with a number of outfitters and non better then Gerard. If you are interested in taking quality and mature trophies Gerard is your guy.

Does anyone know what the pricing schedule looks like with Sumsare? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Mallard14 While Rassie does not sell cheap safaris his pricing is good, he runs 25 - 30 clients a season and focus is on exclusivity and quality (in my opinion and experience, the best operations are)

He is one hell of a Leopard hunter and has excellent plains game available as well 99% of Rassies buisiness works on a referral basis and that should prove allot as well.

Contact him you will not be dissapointed, he is at home as we speak.
My very best always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg