Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Interesting article that was in the American Hunter online version that arrived today.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/09/namibia-crushes-anti-hunters-by-banning-all-hunting-bans/

By Karen Mehall Phillips, American Hunter.

You read the headline correctly: Namibia took a giant step forward for hunters yesterday when the country’s Ministry of Environment and Tourism said it will officially oppose any calls to restrict hunting and export wildlife products. Chalk one up for common sense as the Namibian government got around worldwide anti-hunting extremists seeking to stop hunters’ critical conservation efforts—and, in turn, destroy the economic benefits hunters provide.

2015-12-29T162342Z_2_LYNXMPEBBS0NT_RTROPTP_4_SAFRICA-LIONS-e1452630567690.jpg

A white lion named Brutus is seen at the Drakenstein Lion Park near Cape Town December 29, 2015. REUTERS/Mark Wessells

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/09/namibia-crushes-anti-hunters-by-banning-all-hunting-bans/#ixzz42UpMksz3

According to All Africa, the cabinet voted to go on the record as a pro-hunting nation, opposing any and all hunting bans-and to campaign against any bans proposed in the future. Cabinet members were directed to promote the news through public forums and to “communicate at all possible opportunities its importance to national conservation and sustainable development programs.” So let’s help them spread the news!

The Namibian explains the decision is the result of anti-hunters’ opposition to the cabinet’s 2013 decision to sell five black rhino hunts for trophy hunting in efforts to help save the endangered species. You may recall that the rhino taken by American hunter Corey Knowlton in 2014 at a Dallas Safari Club event generated a whopping $350,000 for the species’ conservation. It also resulted in death threats for Knowlton and his family, though the rhino taken by Knowlton was an older, non-breeding male specifically selected because of its dangerous, aggressive behavior. The bull would have been culled regardless of Knowlton’s hunt in order to prevent injury or death to the rest of the herd.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/09/namibia-crushes-anti-hunters-by-banning-all-hunting-bans/#ixzz42UpD8Ywd

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news! The government's need to get out there to explain their policies. Hopefully, South Africa and the rest will follow.

Thanks for sharing

There is an honest nation with their countries best interests at heart. Zim and others speak out of both sides of their mouths because they want to appease the bunny huggers but need the cash for government services and wildlife management.

BTW I fail to see why people get bent out of shape every time some tree hugging, whale petting, tofu eating rump rustler threatens to beat them to death with an organic carrot.

There is an honest nation with their countries best interests at heart. Zim and others speak out of both sides of their mouths because they want to appease the bunny huggers but need the cash for government services and wildlife management.

BTW I fail to see why people get bent out of shape every time some tree hugging, whale petting, tofu eating rump rustler threatens to beat them to death with an organic carrot.

Lmao

Refreshing to see a country stand up for its hunting heritage

This move helps insure the future of the wildlife in Namibia, good on you all.

Common sense politics- wish they'd try that in the States!

This move helps insure the future of the wildlife in Namibia, good on you all.

Common sense politics- wish they'd try that in the States!

Trump may sound nutty but Hillary is batshit crazy

I think there was one other post on this topic somewhere but I agree with others. Good for them standing up saying they aren't going to be told by the rest of the world what to do!

great news, was there in October, awesome areat. talking with my PH / now friend and they are feeling the effects of Cecil and the antis. hope this helps out getting the hunters back out and to support the outfitters .

When I hunted Namibia my PH and I had a great yarn about hunting, conservation, government and tree huggers. He really liked the way his government stood up to the tree huggers basically telling them to bugger off and stop trying to ruin our economy and conservation efforts. Namibias main income comes from hunting and tourism they haven't got much else. If my PH wasn't interested in conservative actions why would he have paid 15,000 dollars US for a sable buck to improve his herd and help the aging male in his herd.
It's great to see there's a place in the world where they have common sense in government. This is basically a 3rd world country that could TEACH SO CALLED FIRST WORLD COUNTRIES A TING OR TWO ABOUT HUNTING FOR CONSERVATION.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross