Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA, New Zealand, Namibia, Spain
Just got word that my African animals have cleared customs/USDA/and all the other alphabet agencies and are now at the tannery in Houston, Texas.

My wife & I went to Namibia to hunt plains game and had an awesome time! We chose to spend some additional time in Maun, Botswana and Vic Falls. It was very interesting talking with the locals and missionaries in the area. I'll get around to a hunting report eventually, but for now I just wanted to give the new new hunters a heads up on "additional costs" over and above the "all-in" costs.
- 1st there is VAT for the observer which I thought was part of the all-in since it was known ahead of time.
- of course there is VAT for any animals you don't bring home
- the fees for dip/pack/shipping etc where all handled by Safari Specialties Importers and I received a single bill for everything from where the outfitter left off (delivery to the dip & pack) to delivery to the tannery in the US
- the tannery and taxidermy are also being handled as a single bill (with 50% deposit) by Sportsmen Memories here in Texas

The animals are:
- 1 shoulder mount Blue Wildebeest
- 1 shoulder mount Kudu
- 1 shoulder mount Oryx
- 1 shoulder mount Springbok
- 1 skin Springbok
- 1 euro mount Red Hartbeest

All totaled a little under $10k for everything.

I've always believed that a team effort for all things work better than individual efforts. And this was especially true in Africa. Not only was there a PH and tracker, there were many more people involved in my hunt including some I never met. This is my favorite picture which shows just some of the people that were involved in the hunt to make it successful. (Ephesians 4:16 talks about each of us having our own role in life and working together to accomplish great things)
Ephesians_4_16.jpg
:

Welcome back. The smiles of the entire group says more than mere word can communicate!
Look forward to the rest of your report
Have a blessed day

Welcome back! Looking forward to your report!

Glad you had a great hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg