NAMIBIA: African Days Safaris Photos

Stuart70

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hudson Rod and Gun Club, NRA, SCI
Gonna try to upload photos to the website from our trip to Namibia in October. I was told to post photos of our trip an tell stories. I hope this works as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Harvested Zebra, 2 warthog, blue wildebeest, gemsbok. Brother harvested red hartebeest, springbok and black wildebeest. Mom and dad filled zebra, kudu, widebeest and blesbok tags. My first warthog was shot on our second day we hunted hard missing several oppurtunities on blue wildebeest and springbok. Near the end of the day I was approaching my physical limit. Spotted our hog 75 yards away, it was taken with a single shot from my 338 win mag. This was my first animal harvested in Namibia. It was any incredibly emotional feeling knowing my brother was with me and my PH had given me the oppurtunity to harvest this beauty. Its amazing how the aches leave the body when the photos start!! My second hog was taken several days later, this was a beauty. 14 7/8 tusk, sadly the other was broken off, but as you can tell even Maarius was excited about this animal. This was a gold medal winner and one of the biggest harvested taken with MArius this year. He tells me his german hunters were envious of the photos!! My gemsbok was taken on the last day of the trip.we had glassed animals for two weeks, unable to get within 400 yards of these magnificent animals. He presented himself at a water hole while we ate lunch. JP and I were able to close to 247 yards, and I was able to take this trophy. My zebra tipped the scales at 770 lbs. My brother shot the picture unknown to me. This picture captures the hunt for me. Giving thanks to the animal, a sadness, and an exhilerating moment, being one with the moment feeling the heat of the sun, smelling the musk, the dust on his back...........god I need to get back to Africa. This is a land that gets in your blood. What a humbling experience.

dscn0674-jpg.16693

Attachments

• DSCN0595.jpg
    DSCN0595.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 202
  • DSCN0674.jpg
    DSCN0674.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 628
  • 7760105.jpg
    7760105.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 7760418.jpg
    7760418.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 7760129.jpg
    7760129.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN0702.jpg
    DSCN0702.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 7760337.jpg
    7760337.jpg
    523.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing.

That last picture does tell a story.

Looks like you had a great time.

thank you for sharing the story and photos with us.

Thank you for posting your hunt report and trophy photos!

Congrats, those are some nice critters there

Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Congrates, the last 3 or 4 sentences of your story sums it up!!!!

Congrats on your hunt and thanks for sharing it with us those are some fine trophies and great pics.

Congrat's on a great hunt and thanks for sharing! Love the last Zebra picture.

Thanks for the hunting pictures! Some really nice animals! Love the springbok! Very mature oryx!

thanks for sharing your african adventure and showing us your pictures stuart 70
i really like the markings on your zebra
well done mate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kurpfalzjäger

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber