Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, North American Hunting Club, Southern Maine Fish & Game, SCI
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
I hunted in Namibia in the first 2 weeks of July,2017, with Acacia Hunting Safaris. It was a plains game hunt with my wife and another couple. There were three of us that hunted and one photographer. I used a CZ 550 in .375 H &H, my wife used a T/C Encore in .338 Federal. The other hunter used a .300 Winchester magnum, not sure of the model. The outfitter was Acacia Hunting Safaris and our ph was Botha Jansen. The farm we hunted was near Ojiwarongo. We hunted eland, gemsbok , kudu, springbok, steenbok, Impala, zebra, blesbok, red heartabeest, and black backed jackal. We saw many more animals than I can list. The trophy quality was excellent. Everyone filled their wish list. The lodging and food were great. Caroline can work with you to accommodate any type of diet. We had much of the game we hunted for our meals. Hunts consisted of traveling in a four wheel drive Toyota pickup looking for game and or tracks. Then stalking the animal on foot. There are also hides set up at waterholes. We only used the hides for photography and game watching. We were all able to get the animals we wanted, so we spent 2 days in Swakopmund, a seaside resort town. Acacia Hunting Safaris has a Facebook page. Botha and Caroline took very good care of us. Botha took care to make stalks with the photographer in our group so she would have the total safari experience. I would recommend Acacia Hunting Safaris to anyone interested in a plains game hunt in Namibia. Both also has a dangerous game license and takes hunters to the Caprivi.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH Tobe! Sounds like you had a grand Safari! Do you have any pictures you could share? Namibia is on my bucket list!

Great start but we need some pictures! :Happy:

Welcome, and congrats on your trip!

Reactions: ack
Thanks for sharing Tobe! That’s some very fine trophies!
Next question...so when are you going back:rolleyes:? I happen to have learned just how addictive Africa can be!

Reactions: ack
Welcome aboard!!

Congrats on the trip and thanks for sharing!

Oh yes, I'm addicted. Heading to South Africa in June this year for a Cape buffalo and a nyala, (hopefully), with 3 other friends. I really enjoy the hunting, but the taxidermy is killing me.

Thanks for your report. Looks like you had a good time and nice trophies.

Thanks for the hunt report! What a beautiful kudu! Looks of mature animals taken.

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but I just received the 2018 Acacia Hunting Safaris price list from Botha Jansen. Here goes.

Attachments

• 2018 Price List.pdf
    292.7 KB · Views: 342
Well done , thanks. Looking forward to your next report. Where abouts are you going in SA for Buff?

Welcome to AH, and congrats on your trophies !

I've hunted with Botha on 4 trips to Namibia. Great guy and a great PH. Facilities at Acacia are very nice. I don't think you can beat the sunsets:
IMG_1825.jpeg

Yep Africa is addictive. Very nice kudu!

Thanks for sharing you hunt.
Congratulations on some nice trophies.

Keep some more detailed notes of the upcoming hunt and some of those pictures too. :D

Heading to WOW Africa at their Maduka Game ranch in late June. Looking at flights this morning.

Yes, the sunsets were great at Acacia. Beautiful colors. I just saw Botha, Adrian, and Caroline for a couple of days before they headed to the shows in Texas. Can't wait to see them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross