AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Hi folks,
got these pics from a friend.This Tom was shot last Monday.
A lucky snapshot on the way to the bait.
The scale showed only maximum 100 kg.
Big like a lioness.
They guessed him at 120 kg and minimum 15 years.
What a monster from the Komas Highlands.
Waidmannsheil to this outstanding cat.
Foxi

And Namibia got back to step 3 this week.
The borders are closed again.
A disaster, the world needs a vaccine against the shitty Corona virus.

Leo 1.JPG
Leo 2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
He is a big cat. And that's another beautiful area of Namibia. I was blessed on my last trip over to spend a couple of days there hunting Mt Zebra. Love Namibia and it's people.

That is a very well fed cat.
His tooth wear sure supports the conclusion he is ancient.
Congratulations to the lucky hunter.

Very nice cat. Congrats to the hunter!
Bruce

What a giant!!! Well done to the hunter!!!

FYI- I hope to head to Namibia this November for Mr Spots as well. Spoke with my PH’s wife this morning regarding the situation there- they really believe that the country will open up to international travelers soon (likely October). The country has been locked down for the past 1 1/2 weeks- there was some confusion on AH I believe recently that they just had closed it down again within the past couple days. They’re Congress is meeting this Saturday to discuss reopening. The newspapers there in Windhoek as well as “the talk” is they’re optimistic that it’ll open soon. In meantime, I’m cautiously optimistic that I’ll get there via Qatar Airways.

@ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS
Any info on this cat?

Beautiful specimen. I dont want to be a spanner in the cog, but I think their estimation is a bit off. Just my honest opinion.

No matter the weight, nice looking cat and congrats to the hunter!

@ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS
Any info on this cat?

Beautiful specimen. I dont want to be a spanner in the cog, but I think their estimation is a bit off. Just my honest opinion.

what assessment do you think ?

I have already said all there is to say about it.
But the birth certificate was not there

Last edited by a moderator:
what assessment do you think ?
I have already said all there is to say about it.
But the birth certificate was not there

120kg would be 264.5lb, that’s beyond being a monster, I’d say mythical.
Nonetheless a great Tom.

Hi folks,
got these pics from a friend.This Tom was shot last Monday.
A lucky snapshot on the way to the bait.
The scale showed only maximum 100 kg.
Big like a lioness.
They guessed him at 120 kg and minimum 15 years.
What a monster from the Komas Highlands.
Waidmannsheil to this outstanding cat.
Foxi

And Namibia got back to step 3 this week.
The borders are closed again.
A disaster, the world needs a vaccine against the shitty Corona virus.

View attachment 364496View attachment 364497
That a pretty kitty

Nice cat, I hope is brother shows up at my bait site next August:P Elmer Fudd:

Me too!! Going to try and make it happen in November of this year- fingers crossed . Hope you’re able to next August as well!

120kg would be 264.5lb, that’s beyond being a monster, I’d say mythical.
Nonetheless a great Tom.

yes, hard to believe, but it is not for nothing that records are extraordinary (although it is not about one, but only about an extraordinary example that I want to show, that's all)

In the Abadares, leopards have been shot with these weights.

Anyway-

the farmer's scale showed 100kg in a flash and did not go any further ,the additional 20kg were estimated by the farmer.The other shows the scale.
More than 100kg its defenetly no hunting-latin.

Scale.JPG

at 100kg the scale found an end.

Foot.JPG

the shoe size of this gentleman

87 kg.JPG

a monster from a friend of mine,last year Namibia.
Pictures can simply deceive,but you can see a difference.
Also a fat man, "but only" 87 kg (the leopard :Finger:

Last edited:
@ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS
Any info on this cat?

Beautiful specimen. I don't want to be a spanner in the cog, but I think their estimation is a bit off. Just my honest opinion.
Marius, I do not believe that weight also. Although a leopard can eat 20kg of meat easy, or 30% of body mass that would have put him at around 90kg with an completely empty stomach to reach 120kg. TAn completey empty stomach would be rare in the region, especially if he was coming to the bait regularly. They eat on average 3.5 to 4kg of meat per day. So with a normal stomach, he should have around that amount in his belly. If he has just found the bait, or visited it infrequently, he may have gorged himself and eaten more. He does look full and very healthy so I would guess max 90kg.
I have hunted a lot of cats, and the heaviest was 83kg, with a normal or should I say not completely stuffed stomach. The cat in photo looks dehydrated, (look at the eye balls). Who conducted the hunt? Was it maybe chased by dogs illegally?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisabeth1

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross