NAMIBIA: 2 Weeks With Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris

fish hunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I would like to share with everyone here the amazing time we spent in Namibia with Philip and the entire crew of his hunting camp. I was first intrigued about hunting with Philip after all the positive hunts reports I read on this site and the great deal he advertised on here about the Namibia top 10 package. After a few phone calls with previous clients about there own personal experiences and some well answered emails from Philip the hunt was booked for myself, 2 good friends of mine and my wife as an observer! We were booked in from the 6th of july to the 19th.
We choose not to bring any of our own guns along and just to use Philip's. I was shooting a sauer 202 chambered in 300 wm topped off with schmidt bender glass. The rifle was a little worn but shot just fine and i really enjoyed the quality glass that topped the gun. For the first week I primarily hunted with Isaac and his driver Marios. For the second week of the hunt my ph would be a young fellow named Ralf. Hunting with Ralf was a true pleasure, he was completely dialed into his surroundings and very informative not just about hunting but about every thing Namibia had to see and offer.
The majority of our hunting took place on Philips farm Heusis. On the home farm I was lucky to take several really nice animals. We spent one day and an over night stay at Okambara elephant lodge were we hunted for black wildebeest and a beautiful impala my friend took. We also spent a day hunting on Philips friends farm where myself and friend killed beautiful free range waterbuck!
IMG_4784.JPG
IMG_4772.JPG

First 2 animals on day 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_4942.JPG
The rhinos behind us.
IMG_5021.JPG
IMG_5026.JPG
IMG_3869.JPG
IMG_3875.JPG
IMG_3884.JPG

A few of the other highlights from Okambara. This porcupine showed up as we were eating supper and hung around for awhile. Philip actually had to chase him away as he was at the bottom of the stairs that led up to the room we were staying in.

The Hochlands are one of my favorite places in Africa. Looking forward to your report.

A few other random pictures
SMXS0271.JPG
YJDY4226.JPG
IMG_5312.JPG
IMG_4023.JPG
My ph Ralf using his hat to give his little dog leica a well deserved drink

IMG_3837.JPG
buying some souveniers from the himba ladies
IMG_5198.JPG
my rifle caddy
IMG_5706.JPG
trophies personally picked up by Rainer from African Shipping Services
IMG_5727.JPG
the whole group for one last photo on our last day

IMG_4081.JPG

A very big thank you goes out to Philip,Ralf and the entire Hennings family and staff for a very enjoyabl, memorable stay and hunt. Also to my American friends we met down there we really enjoyed your company and sharing the time together, hopefully someday we'll cross paths again in Africa. If anyone is hunting with Philip in the next little while be sure to ask him about the hunt Team Canada had there and maybe he'll show you a few pictures of his own!

An amazing adventure!!!! (y)(y)(y)

You guys fore sure entered our hall of fame ;-)
thank you for sharing your hunt with our fellow africahunting friends!
we keep in touch and hope our hunting paths cross again in the near future!

Looks like a great hunt congratulations

Congratulations on some fine trophies. Phillip certainly continues to wow his clients.

Looks like yall had a great time!!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Well done, some very nice trophies. Thanks for posting.

Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Question: are those lion tracks?

Don’t see many here in Kentucky in the USA (though some big hosuse cats prowl my neighborhood).

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg